X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palforever
    • Feb 2010

Analogue or Digital

Another dumb question.For Amp will you choose analogue or digital?Already audition the rotel rmb 1575 and the rb 1572 to drive my front speaker and also the Arcam avr 600(to steep for the price).i am more into HT and for the speaker it the 685 and the the 683 but i don`t really like the package that they put in for the speakers.For the speakers combo what will be the best for the above?
  • WelshOne
    • Jan 2009

From my own experiences, and talking to others, IMO I would choose the Rotel 1575 Class D for HT. Its faster and more powerful than the equivalent Class A/B Rotel offering, but it is a touch leaner in the bass. For me this is not a problem, as I am using my sub for the bottom end, hence my bias towards the 1575.

I understand the Class A/B offerings have a bit more clout in the bass, and it has a slightly different sound, which may or may not suit your preferences for music? You'll have to demo this for yourself, see which suits your ears and kit the best.

I know someone who has owned Lexicon, Meridian, Arcam (AVR600) etc etc amplification and now has the 1575, which he loves. :T He's also using the AV888 Arcam processor.

I use the 1575 to power my even more power hungry B&W 803D, HTM2D and 805S, and it powers them to staggeringly deafening levels, xover at 60hz.

Ive just recently A/B'd a £3000 Audionet amp against my £1600 1575 multichannel amp, and in stereo I couldnt tell the difference????

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hallo,

I had the 2 serie and the Digital is for me better, or I prefer the RB1572 Digital vs the A/B Rotel....

from this 2 specially in stereo is more apprecied a more hot sound but the different from the 2 line (Rotel 15) is very little and the 15 digital serie(exemple Rb1572) from Rotel is better from the 10 Rotel serie (exemple Rb1092).....

But this is MY personal taste.
      Enyoj :T

Style

Comment

• Palforever
        • Feb 2010

Thanks for all the generous and educational info.Yep i guess i`ll stick with 1575 for my pwr amp and i am torn now should i get the rsx 1560 ot the rdp 1570.Another valuable feedback is much appreciated. ;x( ;x(

Comment

• SkyDover
          • Feb 2010

I had the Rotel RB-1092 Class D and have a Rotel RB-1090 Class A/B.
          When I was going between the two side by side over a period of time, I quickly realized that I much preferred the RB-1090 because of it's much fuller and rounded sound. The RB-1092 sounded like someone popped the air out of it, sounded flat and horizontal. I haven't tried the RB-1572 but if it's anything like the RB-1092...... I'll keep the RB-1090 any day! This morning I also came across some reviews on the Rotel forum coming to the same conclusion as I have, unfortunately I didn't read those reviews before purchasing my RB-1092. I since sold my RB-1092 and replaced it with something like the RB-1090.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"