X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paazel
    • Apr 2007

RSX-1055 5.1 bass management

Hello, I'm thinking of upgrading from my RSX-972 to a RSX-1055.

Currently my Panasonic DMP-80K is connected via coax & also thru the 5.1 analog inputs. My RSX-972 lacks bass management for the 5.1 inputs; and as I'm too lazy to manually adjust the bass on my sub, I end up using the coax input and not getting the full resolution audio.

I've downloaded the manual for the RSX-1055 and it looks like it does have bass management; but I'm not 100% fluent in manual speak.

Can anyone confirm or deny the bass management capabilities of the RSX-1055?

Thanks in advance.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Over 5.1 analog connections? No. It does send everything 100hz and under on the 5 full range channels to the sub. You can remove this 'feature' by snipping two resistors on the multi-input board. You would rarely want this since you will get double-bass for all speakers that are capable of playing below 100hz.

It does have an adjustable sub VOLUME for the multi-inputs if that's all you're concerned about.

The 1056 and up offers this 100hz LFE redirect as a menu option.

Nothing so far in the Rotel line up gives you any type of real bass management for the multi-inputs.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Tha Freak
      • Jul 2003

I remember there was a "how to" snap those resistors but it seem hard to find ??
      - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• paazel
        • Apr 2007

hmmm i've been resisting the move to a new receiver entirely, but it looks as if the time is approaching. Thinking about either the rotel 1550 or the marantz 8002. any suggestions?

edit: i don't know that any of my speakers play below 100hz anyway

Comment

• TommyV
          • Feb 2007

Just upgrade your player. There are some good ones out now with nice analog output and great setup menus with all the adjustments you need.

If you upgrade the AVR, those are both good choices. Of course I am going to lean toward the Rotel. If you like Marantz there are a few others too to consider.

Comment

• paazel
            • Apr 2007

from what i understand the +10db subwoofer adjustment needs to be made in receiver

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"