X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martycorky
    • Jan 2010

help 1067 crackled then dropped all channels

I have a 1067 and for the last month or so it would begin crackling and become seriously LOUD and cut off. This happens on various inputs and in all modes except bypass. As of today when in bypass it is fine and has both Left and Right Channels, in all other modes it only plays on the Right channel.
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Sounds like a possible cold solder joint.

Comment

• MickeyVee
      • Jun 2009

Same thing happened to my old 1067.. it was the processor that blew which explains why it's good in bypass. Luckily, I was about a month from warranty end (just under 5 years), had if fixed, promptly sold it and got the 1560.
      Martin Logan Vista, Vignette, Grotto i, B&W M-1 ~ Wireless iTunes to new AppleTV & Oppo BDP-83 > PS Audio DLIII DAC > Rotel RSX-1560 ~

Comment

• martycorky
        • Jan 2010

anyone know a good repair shop in NSW Australia

my local agent informed me the unit only carries a 3yr warranty (it is just under 5yrs old), any he doesn't really work on them unless it's a warranty job!! Doesn't like working on amps apparently. I'm in Port Macquarie but travel to Newcastle/Sydney frequently - Would anyone know of a reputable service tech?

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by martycorky
          my local agent informed me the unit only carries a 3yr warranty (it is just under 5yrs old), any he doesn't really work on them unless it's a warranty job!! Doesn't like working on amps apparently. I'm in Port Macquarie but travel to Newcastle/Sydney frequently - Would anyone know of a reputable service tech?
          Your dealer is lying to you as it has a 5 year WARANTY.This from Rotel sight under waranty:
          PARTS - ---LABOR
          INTEGRATED AMPLIFIERS 5 YEARS 5 YEARS
          PRE AMPLIFIERS 5 YEARS 5 YEARS
          POWER AMPLIFIERS 5 YEARS 5 YEARS
          MULTI CHANNEL AMPLIFIERS 5 YEARS 5 YEARS
          RECEIVERS 5 YEARS 5 YEARS
          TUNERS 5 YEARS 5 YEARS
          COMPACT DISC PLAYERS 2 YEARS 2 YEARS
          DVD PLAYERS 2 YEARS 2 YEARS
          ACCESSORIES 5 YEARS 5 YEARS
          REMOTES 1 YEAR 1 YEAR

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by martycorky

yup...your dealer is not correct. Warranty is 5 years.

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

The warranty in North America is 5 years but that may not be the case in Australia.

I don't know what it is, but the distributor there should know. Check with them, not just the dealer.

Eric

Comment

• martycorky
                • Jan 2010

thanks all, the distributer confirmed it is 3yrs in Australia. At $600 for the board I'm going to try and find someone who may be able to diagnose it first.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"