X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wasabichondro
    • Sep 2009

rsx-1057 vs a pre/pro

I am using my rotel RSX-1057 as a pre/pro with and external RMB-1075 any ideas what benifits I would see in using a dedicated pre/pro? i.e. RSP-1098
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

All depends on what applications you want to use it for.I got the 1057 as a backup when I had to wait on a new 1069 due to a defective unit.To me the 1057 is very musical.The main drawback of the 1057 is that it will not do audio over HDMI.So you do not get the lossless audio over HDMI.If that matters to you then a upgrade may well be worth it.But if you are using the multi channel outputs from your source to the multi channel inputs on the 1057 then problem solved.None of the 10xx series will bitstream the new hd audio over hdmi so if that matters you would have to move to the 15xx series.
    Even without hdmi audio the 1057 in my personal opinion is a wonderful receiver.Its 75watts per channel is a strong 75watts.I used the 1057 as a pre with a 1075 also and the sound was awesome.I have no experence with the 1098 so can not comment on that.So it all comes down to what your needs are and how big your pocket book is.Hope this helps.

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

If you are thinking of purchasing a used RSP-1098, then what Opus007 said about HDMI is correct. The RSP-1098 is a much better sounding preamp then what is in the RSX-1057 and your system would improve noticeably. There will be improvements in detail and openness. There was a thread recently that someone was using an RSX-1067 and went to an RSP-1098 and was very happy with the upgrade.

Eric

Comment

• wasabichondro
        • Sep 2009

I am using the analog outputs from the blu-ray player and coaxial from the blu-ray player for CD so the Rotel decodes the music. I am also considering the RCD-1072, so the CD player, Receiver, and Amp would be 10 serries Rotel equipment.

I think the CD player would get me a better increae in sound quality vs a new pre/pro?

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

If you are using a bluray player for cd playback a rcd 1072 would be a upgrade if you use the analog outputs on the 1072.If you are going coax digital I would save your money.

Comment

• BlueSander
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            If you are thinking of purchasing a used RSP-1098, then what Opus007 said about HDMI is correct. The RSP-1098 is a much better sounding preamp then what is in the RSX-1057 and your system would improve noticeably. There will be improvements in detail and openness. There was a thread recently that someone was using an RSX-1067 and went to an RSP-1098 and was very happy with the upgrade.

Eric
            lol, that would be me :T 1067 does work well on its own but as a pre/pro it sucks. I'm thinking about putting it up for sale but want to reconnect it again and try out all the setting possible. The last time I tried, it doesn't sound great at all. It felt like everything was mixed into a bag and being thrown out at you by the speakers.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"