X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueSander
    • Apr 2008

is it worth? rsx-1067 vs rsp-1098 & 1075

Things move quite quickly for me for the last couple months. Got the 1067 and was very happy. Later on, I got a great deal on a used 1075 from a fellow member up here. It sounds terrible (listening to music seemed like trying to put piece by piece together after putting everything into a blender)connected to the 1067 pre-out. I was going to put the 1075 up for sale but found a great deal on a used 1098 at my local dealer. Gonna call them tomorrow but since I'm so excited now. What do you guys think will happen tomorrow? Will i see a big improvement over 1067?
  • BlueSander
    • Apr 2008

okay, got the 1098 home. Will let you guys know how things go..

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

I owned a rsp-1068 with a RB-991 for the fronts and RB-985MKII for surround channels. The upgrade to the 1098 was significant, escpecially in Stereo. The 991 (and rb-1080/1090) are better suited as a front channel amp. I also preferred the 985MKII over the 1075.

I tried the Marantz AV8003 in order to prepare myself for blu-ray, but was not impressed. I instead got the Marantz UD8004 (blu ray/SACD with 7.1 output) and kept the rsp-1098.
      Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• BlueSander
        • Apr 2008

Very true! It's such huge improvement moving from RSX-1067 to RSP-1098 & RMB-1075 combo. I have tried many different receivers out there from Denon, Yamaha, Harman... and Rotel 1067 is a big winner hand down. The sound is clear with great detail. Stepping up to 1098 & 1075 combo, with more power out put from the amp, first thing I see is there is much more bass coming from the speakers. Sound seems to come out much tighter which is great. However, character's voice seems to blend in a bit with background noice while watching movie. I watched Babylon A.D twice last night and I could here character voice much better with the 1067. It's much more seperated from whatever was playing in the background. A little drawback but with such a huge improvement on music, the extra expense is acceptable to me.

Yesterday, at the store, they was nice enough to let me test drive the Classe setup with 802D speakers using my own CD. At first, I was very excited, I thought it was going to blow my mind away ... BUT... it wasn't. I was a bit disappointed. The sounds seems more realistic but besides that, it was not something that I would be jumping up and down clapping my hands for. Anyways, that just made me feel getting a used Nautilus 802 is a right move. I will get close to what the 802D is and the cost is significantly less.

Comment

• TommyV
          • Feb 2007

1075 is an excellent amp and incredible value.

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

eelco74,

i had the same hook up as you but love the 1075 over the 985MKII. may i ask what speakers & cd player are you using? i have paradigm studio 100s v2 & a rcc1055 cd player.
            June
            "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"