X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gianluca
    • Oct 2008

Rotel Multi In & pre outs

Hello Members,

I am think of getting an Oppo BDP-83 to allow me to get the new codecs, I will be connecting the Oppo via the multi in of my RSX-1056. I also am presently connecting a Classe Ca-150 via the pre outs for my front mains and was wondering if the multi in will also be sent out the pre outs in this case to my Classe amp.

Thanks

Luca
    Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Sure will.

Kevin D.

Comment

• fvoelling
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Gianluca
      Hello Members,

I am think of getting an Oppo BDP-83 to allow me to get the new codecs, I will be connecting the Oppo via the multi in of my RSX-1056. I also am presently connecting a Classe Ca-150 via the pre outs for my front mains and was wondering if the multi in will also be sent out the pre outs in this case to my Classe amp.

Thanks

Luca
      Hey, let us know how it works out, I'm considering a similar hookup (possibly even using the same Oppo, though I may hold out for a streaming version). My concern is possible lipsync issues that can not be corrected by the Rotel when using analog inputs.

Comment

• rhinopilot
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by fvoelling
        Hey, let us know how it works out, I'm considering a similar hookup (possibly even using the same Oppo, though I may hold out for a streaming version). My concern is possible lipsync issues that can not be corrected by the Rotel when using analog inputs.
        Fvoelling,

I use a BDP-83 with a Rotel RSP-1068 via analog outputs. The Oppo player comes with 2 setup Blu Ray discs. One for video and one for audio. You can adjust the outputs from the Oppo to compensate for those issues by telling the player how many feet away each speaker is from the listening position. The only downside is that it is only in whole foot increments, but it seems to work fine for me.

-Mike

Comment

• Gianluca
          • Oct 2008

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I have not read anything concerning libsync issues. I hope it does not end being an issue

Thanks

Luca
          Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• Mark_C.
            • Jan 2003

I have the Oppo hooked up to the RSP-1066 via multi input and lipsynch has never been an issue.

Comment

• hurin
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rhinopilot
              Fvoelling,

The only downside is that it is only in whole foot increments, but it seems to work fine for me.

-Mike
              Sound travels at 1125 feet/s at room temperature. If a speaker is half a feet out of sync with the others, its sound would reach your listening position with a delay of 1/2250 seconds. And you could not possibly hear that.

Comment

• rhinopilot
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by hurin
                Sound travels at 1125 feet/s at room temperature. If a speaker is half a feet out of sync with the others, its sound would reach your listening position with a delay of 1/2250 seconds. And you could not possibly hear that.
                Point taken. I was trying to convey that the Oppo doesn't allow exact measurements for all of us perfectionists, unlike many systems that allow the distance to be set to 1/10 of a foot.

Thanks for the info!
                Mike

Comment

• Gianluca
                  • Oct 2008

Hello,

Well Just to let those interested, I have since purchased and hooked up my Oppo. So far I am very pleased with the results.

Have to figure out the sub trim level to aply but that is it. I recall that the OPPO doesn't aply a 10db boost.

Thanks All

Luca

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"