X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr_c_2010
    • Nov 2009

How to default Rotel RSP-1068 to 2CH

Hello,
    This is my first post on this forum and I wanted to firstly apologise that its one that is asking for help

I have an LG TV, My Xbox, DVD player and sky box all plug into my TV. I have then connected the TV to my Rotel via Optical this translates to Video 4 on the processor.

The problem is I only have two speakers - I have connected my Rotel to my amp using the two Front R and Front L connectors. When I press the 2ch button on the front of my RSP-1068 it sounds perfect on my system. The problem is as soon as I change the channel or the input on my TV the processor defaults back to Dolby and I have to press 2CH again.

Is there a way of setting this as the default so I don’t have to press it every time I do something on my TV?

I tried to look through the menu but to be honest I can’t even get that to appear. I have clicked menu on my remote but nothing appears on the Rotel and it just says empty on the screen of the remote?

I’m pretty new to this and I know my setup isn’t utilising the Rotel to its full capacity but this is just a temporary setup until I have enough money to get all of my equipment sorted.

Ive also been having problems with my Rotel crashing? When I power it off via the remote i hear a click but the screen stays on and it just hangs. I then have to power it off at the back and power it back on again (

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Press MENU, and select the "INPUT" menu item. Use left/right to select the appropriate input, arrow down to the "Default Mode", use left/right to select 2CH PCM. Arrow down to "Main Menu", press MENU again to exit.

The user guide for the 1069 (similar to the 1068 ) is here: http://www.rotel.com/content/manuals...69_eng_fre.pdf

What you want to do is on page 38, "default mode".
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• mr_c_2010
      • Nov 2009

sorry to sound ignorant but when i press menu on the remote it just says empty and nothing appears on screen of the device?

thanks

Comment

• rdram
        • Mar 2005

Top left button on remote...says AUD. Press that, display on remote will say AUD, menu button will work. Remote has to be in AUD mode for on screen menu to work.

RD

Comment

• mr_c_2010
          • Nov 2009

brilliant i will give it a go tonight!
          Thanks

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mr_c_2010
            sorry to sound ignorant but when i press menu on the remote it just says empty and nothing appears on screen of the device?

thanks
            Nothing will appear on the screen of the preamp. You need to have the RSP-1068's monitor output hooked up to your TV and the TV on that input to see the menu.

Eric

Comment

• mr_c_2010
              • Nov 2009

Thanks Eric

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Also, make sure you go into the speaker setup and set the fronts to LARGE and everything else to NONE. This will make sure you only have stereo output, regardless of what mode it is in.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"