X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 97disco
    • Dec 2008

RB-1080 improvement over RMB-1075

Just wanted to see if I would notices a significant improvement by getting a RB-1080 to run my L&R FRONT B&W 704's over my current RMB-1075.

What do you think, worth the upgrade?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by 97disco; 17 October 2009, 01:48 Saturday.
    B&W 704's
    B&W HTM7
    B&W DS7's (rears)
    B&W 850 Subwoofer
    Rotel RSP 1066
    Rotel RMB 1075
    Rotel RDV-1060
    B&W Zepplin
  • Tha Freak
    • Jul 2003

Both are 200w/ch

But since the 1080 will have its own power supply (and all other components) to drive two channel only (instead of five), my guess would be that you probably will gain a little bit more definition, but I’m not sure at what level and if it would be really convincing…

And you have a PM !!
    - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Actually the 1075 is 125w a channel.

Should be a significany upgrade if you power the entire speaker from the 1080, not just the LF section. If you bi-amp with the 1075 & 1080, expect less of an upgrade.

Kevin D.

Comment

• macwrede
        • Apr 2009

I recently went from powering my mains with a RMB-1075 to RB-1080 and can tell you that the improvement was signficant. Bass is much tighter and louder, mids and highs also much better defined. Evne the wife noticed the improvement. Worth double what I paid for the 1080.

Comment

• 97disco
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by macwrede
          I recently went from powering my mains with a RMB-1075 to RB-1080 and can tell you that the improvement was signficant. Bass is much tighter and louder, mids and highs also much better defined. Evne the wife noticed the improvement. Worth double what I paid for the 1080.

Good to hear.

What speakers are you running?

I will plan to keep the 1075 for HT, but I have come across the opportunity to get a 1080 and Im torn right now on the upgrade:

either get the RB-1080

or

replace my current RSP-1066 with either the 1069 or the 1098.

If I could spend it all right now it would be an easy choice.
          Last edited by 97disco; 17 October 2009, 13:11 Saturday.
          B&W 704's
          B&W HTM7
          B&W DS7's (rears)
          B&W 850 Subwoofer
          Rotel RSP 1066
          Rotel RMB 1075
          Rotel RDV-1060
          B&W Zepplin

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

I guess it would depend on what you're currently using as a pre/pro. You're more likely to hear an improvement with the 1080 than getting a Rotel pre/pro, although having a match amp and preamp looks really nice on the shelf or rack. Another option would be to sell the 1075 in the used market, and pony up for a 1095. Unless you're running 7 channels, there's no point in having 2 amps, IMO. Instead of getting a second one, I'd personally just upgrade the 5 channel amp that I already have.

Comment

• macwrede
              • Apr 2009

I have B&W 803Ss which I only purchased recently. The 1075 is a good amp, but I think the 803s just needed more than what the 1075 had to offer. There is just so much more 'presence' to the music now. Not really sure how to put it, but everything just sounds cleaner... wider and deeper soundstage, better attack to the notes, clearer vocals, better decay, you name it. I don't know B&Ws well enough to know if the 704s would benefit as much from the increased power as the 803s did, but if you can pick up a 1080 for a decent price, I say go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"