X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DelRay
    • Jun 2004

RSP-1068 firmware question

I was wondering if anyone has ever sent their unit to Rotel for the firmware upgrade? I've got 1.2.1. and want to take advantage of the 1.2.8. Mainly because I've been getting alot of audio drop out lately. And it's getting a little annoying. I originally upgraded my 1068 about 3-4 years ago, but I've misplaced the cable for the upgrade. Plus, I had my daughters boyfriend did the upgrade for me (This stuff is over my head). But they broke up and I can't do it myself. I haven't contacted Rotel yet. For some reason I'm unable to send them an E-mail. I'll probably call tomorrow. Anyways, what was the cost and how quick was the turn-around time? Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I would imagine (hope) they would do a simple firmware for free (plus shipping). Might have better and faster luck finding someone around your area on here to help you out.

Worse case scenario, you can send it to me for an immediate turn around for whatever shipping is.

Kevin D.

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

Left a message with Rotel tech. They should be getting back to me by tomorrow afternoon. If they'll do the upgrade and it's not too $, I'll let them have at it. I'm hoping that shipping both ways would be under $40. But, if they can't/won't get it done in a decent amount of time, I might just send it to you Kevin. :B Thanks!

Comment

• Bostonears
        • Mar 2004

Other possible ways to get the firmware upgrade:

a) take it to a local Rotel dealer
        a) have daughter get new tech-savvy boyfriend

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bostonears
          Other possible ways to get the firmware upgrade:

a) take it to a local Rotel dealer
          a) have daughter get new tech-savvy boyfriend

The dealer I bought the rotel gear is about 90 miles away. I don't even know if they'd have the cable or even be able to do the upgrade. And the boyfriend thing. I could have suggested it but she never listens to me anyways. Fortunately though, Kevin D is going to do the upgrade for me. ;x( I should have it back in my system in a couple of weeks. Kevin's the man

Since I am without a HT for awhile (got my 2 channel though) I will be going through each piece of equipment and cleaning/dusting them out. I'm even taking the covers off to do a through cleaning with compressed air. I will be taking pictures of the topless gear. I may post some of the pics.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"