X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofiyle
    • Jan 2009

Another fuse post. Help!! my RB-1090 needs you

Hi guys, I need help here. Last night I heard a pop, and my left channel went out. The reason is because I had a record cleaner plugged into the same multi outlet with protective circuit as my preamp. Usually I never have a problem, but the nitty gritty machine makes a noise when you shut it off. Dumb on my part, but anyway I lost the left channel.

I decided to check replace the fuses in the 1090 to be sure. When I opened it up, and being I am blind I couldn't tell if the left 2 fuses were 100%. So I decided to change them all. Well, the right side went in no problem, but when i tried to replace the left 2 fuses it sparks, and won't let me replace them!!
    The unit has been powered off for 15 hours!! What the hell is going on? It' not
    plugged in, and not conected to anything else plugged in. Can anyone help me here. thanks for any feeback.

Tommy
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Sounds like there's residual energy left in it. It might do it a few times until it's all dissipated from the capacitors...

Still odd, but I'd just try to yank those bad boys out...just wear some protective gloves and ground yourself.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"