X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoMan
    • Jan 2007

1570 questions

Hi All,

Just received 1570 last week. Couple of questions. Is it normal to hear popping sounds from your speakers when using remote on dvd player. Also when a track changes on my cd player. Also, there is a slight delay(about 1 second) when a track starts to play on my cd player.

Otherwise its a great machine soundwise and has everything I need. Thanks again all. Appreciate comments, experiences, advice etc.

RoMan
    :T
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

RoMan,

Popping sounds are not good, nor normal, with any remote or other piece of gear. That sounds wierd. Is it just the DVD player making the popping sound? If yes, there maybe something up with that unit. Check all your connections, including the power cord.

As to your CD player, there is always some processing time involved. Some units might be longer than others. Did it take that long with the prior unit (prior to the 1570)?

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Industrial
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by RoMan
      Hi All,

Just received 1570 last week. Couple of questions. Is it normal to hear popping sounds from your speakers when using remote on dvd player. Also when a track changes on my cd player. Also, there is a slight delay(about 1 second) when a track starts to play on my cd player.
      I have the 1570 as well...
      When you say popping sounds do you mean a very very faint click like sound? I get that when I'm changing channels on my cable box. I think the only reason I can hear it is because I have a rear speaker not far from my head usually. Don't know what causes it. I also get that 1 second (or less) Digital sync delay as well. I get it when playing CD's or when using my HTPC. Seems like when no digital signal has passed by for a bit that it loses sync. Because when I have been playing stuff I can switch to something else and its fine. But if I wait for a bit then switch, that delay pops up. I'm sure its something to do with the digital side of things. I have a external DAC connected and that uses RCA analogue connection and there is never a delay when using it.

- This is all subjective as I'm not an audio engineer.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Yes the tic's are normal when changing tracks, channels, etc with a digital siginal. Rotel doesn't use a muting circuit so you will hear the DSP chip resyncing to the signal.

Kevin D.

Comment

• RoMan
          • Jan 2007

Thanks all, for comments. Every single track on the cd though Kevin D?? Sounds odd to me. I have the RSP 1068 connected to a cd player in my bedroom and it does this at the beginning of a track but not every single track of the cd. And only once in awhile too I might add.

Not good if you have an audio cd recorder hooked up via optical/coaxial like I have as the recordings will be incomplete.

Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for the Rsp 1570??

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Sorry, I meant to clarify. The loosing sync with every track change is an issue. We seem to go through this with every new model and I'm not sure why the engineers in Japan keep reverting back. I firmware should be able to fix it.

I'll ask them about it at Cedia this week.

Kevin D.

Comment

• RoMan
              • Jan 2007

Thanks Kevin D. I did a hard reset last night. When changing tracks on the cds is when it occurs and on the first track of the cd. It must be trying to lock on with a digital signal I guess.

As for HDMI, I tried the group delay at 25ms but to no avail. Is the setting higher or do I just keep experimenting till it syncs?

Sure would appreciate if you could raise the question at CEDIA. Maybe Rotel will issue a firmware update for this model. Its really not a bad preamp at all. Sounds great and delivers a great picture.

RoMan
              :T

Comment

• cdika17
                • Oct 2008

When i have my xbox360 hooked up, the hdmi feed drops out, then in and out. Signal loss then comes back for a sec, i shut everything off, did factory default, still doing it, any suggestions?

I tried 3 different cables.
                Did all the updates for 1570
                Tried all 4 hdmi inputs on 1570
                Tried component from xbox to 1570, that doesn't work either,

But.....

When i hook it up to tv upstairs, everything works, hdmi or component.

So i know its not the xbox persay.

Anyone else having issues?
                Chase

---------------------------------------------------
                Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• TommyV
                  • Feb 2007

I do not have a 1570 so this may not be much help to the OP but with my 1069 and DirecTV box I tried HDMI for a while and switched it back to SPDIF and ran the HDMI direct to the TV because I was having a few little issues with video drop outs and stuff when channel surfing and the resolution is changing cause I have the native setting on.

Basically there was no sonic advantage to having it hooked up that way so I just switch it back.

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by RoMan
                    Not good if you have an audio cd recorder hooked up via optical/coaxial like I have as the recordings will be incomplete.

Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for the Rsp 1570??
                    From Rotel at CEDIA, digital signals being truncated from an HDMI connection is known issue, but it's being hard to track down. They're seeing different truncated times on different players and even different times from different discs on the same player.

One of the later updates did address (not sure which one) a digital lock issue on coaxial/optical inputs. I believe the latest is 1.1.7. Hold down mute and see where you are at.

Kevin D.

Comment

• RoMan
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
                      From Rotel at CEDIA, digital signals being truncated from an HDMI connection is known issue, but it's being hard to track down. They're seeing different truncated times on different players and even different times from different discs on the same player.

One of the later updates did address (not sure which one) a digital lock issue on coaxial/optical inputs. I believe the latest is 1.1.7. Hold down mute and see where you are at.

Kevin D.
                      Hi Kevin,

When I hold down mute I get the following firmware info.

V 1.1.8-090818

Video V 1.12

Is that the latest firmware?? If so, is it quite possible it never took properly when installing the firmware for the delay??

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

Yes, 1.1.8 is the latest. Might want to give Rotel a call with all the details. They're starting to get a good collection of other devices to help track problems down.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"