X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Wow..Well not so sure now.RCD-1072

Just received my RCD-1072 today and all I can say is WOW.It is a tremendous upgrade over my Denon.Just awesome.A couple of questions.Does the 1072 generate heat.I am running out of room in my rack and is it ok to set my rsp-1069 on top of the 1072?The 1069 does generate some heat.With them stacked it gives me 3 inches of clearance from the top of the 1069 to the next shelf.Thanks.....
    Last edited by Opus007; 17 July 2009, 19:59 Friday.
  • BWLover
    • Jan 2009

It does generate heat. But almost nothing. Its almost so null that you have to search around the top of the unit with your hand to find any heat. But i would seriously ask your dealer, as I am not completely sure and don't want your equipment damaged.
    Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
    Playstation 3
    Shaw HD PVR
    Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

If that is your only choice then it should be OK. My concern would be EMI and jitter/vibrations from the pre. Can you place the pre atop of your amp to fee up space for your 1072?

Comment

• Opus007
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by miner
        If that is your only choice then it should be OK. My concern would be EMI and jitter/vibrations from the pre. Can you place the pre atop of your amp to fee up space for your 1072?
        No as the amp needs to breath.

Comment

• chas
          • Jul 2005

Which Denon did you have...and what differences do you notice?

Comment

• Opus007
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by chas
            Which Denon did you have...and what differences do you notice?
            Wish you had of not asked that.My original impression of the 1072 was that it did not have the brightness that the Denon DCD 1400 exhibited.And I thought it was awesome.But after some long listening I am not sure.I prefer to use my cdp with analog connects .With the denon it is a tad more brighter and with the 1072 it is still bright but with lots more detail.It is making listening at long periods of time hard to do.If I use the denon or rotel and using the digital coax and let my rotel 1069 do the processing then the sound has less clarity and seems muddled and has less thump so I am not sure what is going on.For the last 2 hours I have been reading threads about the rsp-1069 and the rcd-1072.One thread about the 1069 talked about a low end roll off even when in bypass.I could find no threads saying anything bad about the 1072.I am going to do some cable swapping and try again in awhile.At this point I am pretty disappointed but I think my problem lies in the 1069.

Comment

• wombat2009
              • Feb 2009

Before you make any changes you should give the Player a decent run in period some people recommend up to 100 hours. Just put a cd in it, hit play and repeat cd you do not need to have the rest of your set up on. I had a cd player that sounded harsh and it took ages for it to smooth out but it did and sounded great ever since. I can not explain the reason, maybe the electronic components need time to break in, but it worked for me and costs nothing to do. I did not run it overnight just when I was home. Every so often you can have a listen to see how it is progressing. I hope this helps regards

Comment

• Opus007
                • Nov 2007

Here is a post that interested me.The guy never resolved his issue I guess but the last post by KevinD got me to thinking so I tried what Keven suggested and that was to try the multichannel inputs as they are bypassed also.Here is the link https://www.htguide.com/forum/showth...highlight=1069 It seems there is something going on with the analog inputs for the cd when in bypass.Everything sounds bright and tinny.When I connected the cdp to the front multi inputs and played a cd it was all different.The brightness had gone away and there was more bass.The clarity was still there as before but it was all different and sounded very,very good.
                The multi channel inputs also bypass any processing which leads me to believe that the cd analog inputs when set to bypass are routed some how different than the multi inputs.I could be wrong and probably am but something is going on there and it is not good.But I can live with the cdp running through the multi's as I do not use them anyway.And it really does sound good now and what a relief that is.I hate it when you add a new component to your set up and then say wtf ...this is awful...so disappointing.
                As for break in, the cdp is off a Audiogon and broke in.This guy really took care of this unit as it is in pristine condition and the price was not bad either... :T

Comment

• BWLover
                  • Jan 2009

I am no expert by any means, but i have the 683's and the RCD-1072. But i use the RC-1082 pre amp, and RB-1080 amp. So our set ups are somewhat similar. I really don't think its your CD. I know nothing about your processor, but when I got my CD player i was just in awe. I started out with just the RCD-1072 and RSX-1058, then got the RB-1080 and used the RSX-1058 as a pre amp. I noticed a difference there. But When i got my RC-1082 i notice a HUGE difference in sound, so i think its your processor. I guess what i am saying is don't doubt the cd player, its amazing. And i also prefer the analog over the coaxial when i was using the RSX-1058
                  Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
                  Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
                  Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
                  Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
                  Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
                  Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
                  Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
                  Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
                  Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
                  Playstation 3
                  Shaw HD PVR
                  Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• Opus007
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BWLover
                    I am no expert by any means, but i have the 683's and the RCD-1072. But i use the RC-1082 pre amp, and RB-1080 amp. So our set ups are somewhat similar. I really don't think its your CD. I know nothing about your processor, but when I got my CD player i was just in awe. I started out with just the RCD-1072 and RSX-1058, then got the RB-1080 and used the RSX-1058 as a pre amp. I noticed a difference there. But When i got my RC-1082 i notice a HUGE difference in sound, so i think its your processor. I guess what i am saying is don't doubt the cd player, its amazing. And i also prefer the analog over the coaxial when i was using the RSX-1058
                    I agree that it is in the processor.I have asked on this forum before on what input 1069 owners use and the response was that they could not tell the difference between the digital or analog.On mine whether I use the cd or tape input there is a major difference.With the analog input on either, it is bright and tinny and the digital is like a blanket got thrown over ever the music.Maybe by adding the bypass board they screwed something up.I just do not know.

Comment

• Opus007
                      • Nov 2007

Yesterday I took a set of y-splitters and connected them to my cdp so I could run one set of cables to the left/right on the 1069 cd inputs and one set to the front left/right of the multi channel inputs so I could a/b while listening to cd's.And there is a difference.It is not a night day difference but it is there.When using the cd inputs and in bypass everything has less bass and losses some of its punch and clarity.When using the multi inputs it is all there...clarity,punch and bass.I also tested the tape inputs and same results.I would think that since they both are bypassed they would all sound the same,but that is not the case.The cd and tape analog inputs still seem to be doing some sort of processing.Since the tape and cd inputs are able to be switched to stereo mode with the analog inputs(and thus can have processing added) is it possible that in bypass they are not totally switched?When using the mutlti channel inputs there is no way to add processing to the source so it must be routed a different way.Anyone got any thoughts on this.Thanks

Comment

• Opus007
                        • Nov 2007

This from the manual on the connections for the analog on the 1069.Does this mean that in bypass it is not routed directly to the volume control as the multi channel inputs?
                        Optional: Connect the left and right analog
                        outputs from the CD player to the AUDIO IN
                        jacks labeled CD (left and right). This option
                        uses the CD player’s D/A converters; however,
                        this may result in an extra A/D and D/A
                        conversion step.
                        Also from the manual:
                        Analog Bypass: For 2-channel analog
                        inputs, there is a special stereo mode that
                        bypasses ALL of the RSP-1069’s digital processing.
                        The two front speakers receive pure
                        analog stereo full-range signals with no subwoofer
                        crossover, no delay, no level adjustments,
                        and no contour adjustment.
                        But unlike the multi channel inputs it does not say that they are then routed directly to the volume control .
                        Thanks....

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"