X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macbookpro
    • Jun 2009

Question about Bi Amping Center Channel RB 1070

This is my first post here so hopefully I make sense.
    I have a RB 1070 and I would like to Bi amp it. Can I use a Y splitter cable (same as a subwoofer cable) to connect the pre amp to the RB 1070? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Also I am waiting for delivery of the new RB 1582 and a RSP 1570 any thoughts on the performance of these two. Is the RB 1582 better than the Class D RB 1572??? I was told that Class D sound is still not as good as Class AB.

Thanks in advance
  • B_W_Guy
    • Jun 2009

your trying to bi-amp your center channel with the RB-1070? then yes if your pre amp only has one output for the center then i would just use a y-adapter. i might be wrong though. wait for more responses.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Yes, you'll need a splitter cable to 'share' the one channel pre-output with 2 amp inputs.

I have not directly compared a 1582 and 1572. I am personally sold on Rotels class D amps, and love the sound, size, and efficiency of the design. Other people prefer the older (and much heavier) class AB design. I can really only recommend that you listen to both and make your own decision based on that.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The RSP-1570 has two center channel outputs, so no need for a splitter when you get it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Legairre
          • Jan 2002

Sure you can use a "Y" splitter it would look like the left or right side of this diagram.http://www.mark-daniel.com/eWebEdito...4164915655.jpg
          "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
          Radden Home Theater

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
            The RSP-1570 has two center channel outputs, so no need for a splitter when you get it.

Kevin D.
            Ah yes, thats right.
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Audio_ElF
              • Oct 2007

Another idea...

IIRC the RB1070 can be set internally to be bridged, if so, you might want to try comparing Bi-Amping the centre and running it mono-amped but with he RB1070 Bridged and seeing which you prefer.

Eloise

PS/Edit: There's nothing wrong with your bi-amping plan by the way - just this is an alternative you can do without spending any money which may give you different results which you may prefer.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"