X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lokie
    • May 2009

rsx 1056 volume issues

Hi all, I have an RSX-1056 that I love, but the volume will sometimes jump way up or down when I try to adjust it. (For example you can instantly go from 31 to 66).

Is there a fix for this?

Also I had an odd issue last summer when I'd unplug it before a storm came through I'd go to plug it back in and it would forget all my programed settings (radio presets, preferences for sound, etc). This happened 2-3 times in a row and now hasn't happened again in 9 months. I'm curious if there is a solution for this issue, too, although it is less pressing since it has at least for now fixed itself, but with storm season coming ...

All that said, I love the way this machine sounds and it was the right purchase even if it has a bit of a temper sometimes.

I've never messed with the firmware, and perhaps this is the issue?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

From the other accounts of the volume jumping, I think a trip to the repair facility is in order. I've never seen firmware fix it. Does it only seem to happen when using the front knob?

As far as the settings defaulting, this usually only happens during quick power flickers, not from loosing power instantly. When you unplug it, are you first turning it to standby and then hitting the master power switch in the back? I suppose a loose outlet could cause a lowering of the voltage when pulling the plug, rather then an instant removal.

Kevin D.

Comment

• lokie
      • May 2009

Thanks Kevin,

I think it is only with the knob in the front, but i'm not sure because I don't use the remote very often. I'll try it and see.

As for the power issues, I have just turned it off with the standby button and not the switch on the back and then unplugged it. Should I use them both? To be honest I'd forgotten there was a switch on the back!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"