X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotuuser
    • May 2009

Input and Speaker Setup

I have started having problems with my RSX-1056 input and speaker set-up recently: the settings that I put in (even default input mode) change to some sort of factory defaults repeatedly.

My current set-up consists of only 2 front speakers and a subwoofer, and hence I have set all other speakers to NONE. Anyhow, when I put in a DVD or start another episode on the DVD (voice comes through digital coaxial input), the receiver switches the mode to a full 5.1 setup, which I need to go change manually in order to get center and surround sound channels directed to my 2.1 setup. Is there another setting in the receiver that would make the setting that I put in permanent?

I recently move to a country with regular power outages, so I'm not sure if those could have some sort of memory-cleaning impact. Has anyone experienced the same?
  • Isaac
    • Jan 2006

I also have a RSX-1056 used mostly for music (2.1 system) but, when I play a DVD with 5.1 or any other flavor of surround sound program from the disc I have to press the stereo mode so it will down mix the 5.1 to stereo (2.1). I don't think anything is wrong with the reciever, Its just another quirk that the RSX-1056 has. Its not really designed for a stereo setup with a sub even though rotel is uses its so called Balanced Design Concept.

As far as the losing its memory for inputs and speaker setup, I have not had any issues. Make sure you save your settings as the default. If they don't save after you power it down, you may have an issue.
    Last edited by Isaac; 09 May 2009, 01:38 Saturday.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Quick brown-outs and power surges will cause the receiver to default on you. You'll need to pick up some type of voltage regulator or battery backup.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"