• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickcave
    • May 2009

new with some questions (rsp-1570)

hi!!

i'm new in this AMAZING forum and sorry for my bad English

about the rsp1570 (I want to buy this week) for this Multichannel Power Amplifier

some questions for people that use this processor:

1) if send a LPCM 192k signal from the playstation 3 , the display of the rotel show MULTICHANEL 192K?? or 48K??

I thought that read always reports from 48k playstation even 192k

2) any problem with DTS 96/24 ???

3) Is it true that there are some problems with sound from a few readers CD from HDMI?

4) Has anyone tried a 92K or 192K MLP track? Process the MLP?

thanks!!!!!!!!!
  • saltyoke
    • Apr 2009

Hi

I currently have the RSP on demo and am having issues with the PS3 audio settings and getting rotel to process the audio settings properly . Try get it on demo or make sure you have the latest firmware version on the rotel - hopefully you can get it to work. Its a nice machine otherwise!

Comment

• nickcave
      • May 2009

thanks

another!!

4) if you turn off all the boxes in the PCM playstation 3, except the obligatory PCM 2.0 and DTS 5.1 and DD I

the Rotel recognizes the DD or DTS 5.1 pure in the display or the pcm 2.0?

is a problem of the yamahas receiver

thanks!!!!!

Comment

• kmcheng
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by nickcave
        hi!!

1) if send a LPCM 192k signal from the playstation 3 , the display of the rotel show MULTICHANEL 192K?? or 48K??

I thought that read always reports from 48k playstation even 192k

2) any problem with DTS 96/24 ???
        If you send a 192K PCM signal, the Rotel display should say 192K, not 48K, provided that everything in the signal path is correctly setup.

Is the PS3 connected with the Rotel with an HDMI 1.1 cable?

You may also want to check the audio and/or blu-ray settings on your PS3. In the manual settings, check all the boxes up to 192K. (I believe they are not selected by default.)

Also check that you are sending MPCM, not bit streaming, from your PS3. (Let your PS3 do all the decoding, lossy and lossless. The Rotel should only show "multi-channel PCM", or something like that in its front panel. If the red "Dolby Digital" light is lit, then your PS3 is bit-streaming, and you do not want that.)

Remember to save all your changed settings.

Relatively few Blu-ray discs are recorded at 96K, let alone 192K. Just make sure that the disc you are doing the testing with has a 192K track, and that you select that track in the menu title screen of the disc.

I have not encountered any problem with DTS 96/24 signals.

Comment

• nickcave
          • May 2009

hello! and thanks

I think I confused it with something.... I thought the ps3 CONVERT 48K TO 192K, but what is done in this menu is tell PCM CAN READ ¿¿NO??

THEN SHOW 48K BECAUSE IS A 48K TRACK... does not upsampling to 192k

show the native bitrate in hz ¿no?

kmcheng:

Do you have this problem say that a delay by HDMI?

When does this happen?

thanks!!!

Comment

• kmcheng
            • Jan 2008

Other more knowledgeable people please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not the PS3 can "upconvert" a 48K track on a blu-ray disc to a 192K track. Actually, I do not think any player has that capability.

I have not noticed a delay problem with HDMI. However, I also do not regularly use the PS3 as a CD player, so it may exist and I am just oblivious to it.

Let me suggest that you get a dedicated CD player for playing your CD's. I have found that the fan noise from the PS3 was too distracting when listening to two channels.

Comment

• saltyoke
              • Apr 2009

Kmcheng wrote

If the rotel uses 1.3 does the cable not have to be 1.3? (I was not even aware that you had different cable versions!)

Do you know if the PS3 have 1.1 hdmi or 1.3 ?

Comment

• mjb
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

1.1 and 1.3 HDMI cables are the same (compatible). If the packaging makes a distinction, its just a sad marketing ploy.
                - Mike

Main System:
                B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• kmcheng
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by saltyoke
                  Kmcheng wrote

If the rotel uses 1.3 does the cable not have to be 1.3? (I was not even aware that you had different cable versions!)

Do you know if the PS3 have 1.1 hdmi or 1.3 ?
                  HDMI 1.3 should be backward-compatible with HDMI 1.1, so you do not need to change cables.

PS3 is HDMI 1.1.

Comment

• nickcave
                    • May 2009

all the cables hdmi are 1.3... is only marketing

and... ths ps3 is hdmi 1.1 ?????? but the deep color and xvYCC is only posible in the 1.3

Comment

• kmcheng
                      • Jan 2008

all the cables hdmi are 1.3... is only marketing
                      Well, not exactly. HDMI 1.3 is a standard that allows deep color and HD audio streaming. It has more to do with the gear than with the cable.

and... ths ps3 is hdmi 1.1 ?????? but the deep color and xvYCC is only posible in the 1.3
                      True, but I do not know of any blu-ray title released in deep color. Many people think that deep color will not pick up steam any time soon. Bottom line: you are not missing out on video/audio functionalities with HDMI 1.1.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"