X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonJeffman
    • Apr 2009

little help? RC-970 BXII leakage

Hi there,
    I just bought my first piece of Rotel gear and am looking forward to getting some more (especially cause a pre-amp doesn't do much without a power amp), but noticed something that seemed odd to me.

As I said, haven't gotten the power amp yet, so when the pre-amp showed up (an RC-970BX MkII) I hooked it up to my CD player and plugged in my headphones. Everything sounded good but when the CD player was still playing and I switched the Listening knob away from CD, I was still getting sound out of the headphones. The volume was less, and it diminished more if I turned the knob another click away from CD, but still, is this normal to get sound leaking through the various inputs like this or does this mean somethings wrong?

It was an ebay purchase so returning it might be a hassle, so I want to make sure something's wrong before trying to do that. Does anyone else get sound leaking through the headphone jack even if you switch to a different input that's not currently playing?

Thanks for the help.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Sorry I missed this. Most Rotel units use a common ground analog input section. If there isn't a ground coming into the unit on an input (nothing plugged in), then it will search for the next best ground (an input that is plugged in).

Perfectly fine to hear other sources on inputs that have nothing plugged in. This should go away once a source is plugged into that input.

Kevin D.

Comment

• JonJeffman
      • Apr 2009

Thanks for the reply, good to know I didn't buy a dud.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"