X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

RSP-1570 and RMB-1575 inside view

Sorry about the poor quality (from the phone), but you you can sort of see what's inside.

First two are the RSP-1570:

Next two are the RP-1575, five channel amplifier:

2x ICEpower500ASP and 3x ICEpower500A modules.

Last edited by mjb; 20 May 2009, 07:04 Wednesday.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100
  • ranzigepad
    • Jan 2003

nice nude pictures

Comment

• TommyV
      • Feb 2007

Very nice! Thank you.

Comment

• lvhung
        • Jun 2005

Very nice and infomative MJB
        I think the 1575 is nothing special to be quoted at the price of 2500$

Comment

• watchnerd
          • Sep 2008

Which one is which?

I assume the one without the toroid is the RSP-1570?

Comment

• Carrotman
            • Mar 2008

No, the first two pics are the RSP. Picture number three shows the ICEpower modules in the RMB.

/U.

Comment

• TommyV
              • Feb 2007

The 1570 has the torodial PS. I don't think any new 15 series amps use ICEpower.

Comment

• mjb
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Original post edited.

The RB-1575 comprises 2x ICEpower500ASP and 3x ICEpower500A modules.

- Mike

Main System:
                B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• TommyV
                  • Feb 2007

I see what appears to be the two 500ASP modules but how can you tell those other three are 500A modules. The are flipped upside down.

Also why would Rotel develop their own Class D design and then stop using it and switch back to ICEpower? Also if they are using ICEpower, why are they not promoting that in any of their literature? This is confusing.

Comment

• jimarchy
                    • Dec 2008

Whats wrong with the RMB-1575 you guy's? I got mine for $1600 at Christmas through audiogon 2nd hand and I am very pleased with it!!

On the Rotel website the show the 1575.... are they planning on discontinuing it?

Comment

• mjb
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TommyV
                      I see what appears to be the two 500ASP modules but how can you tell those other three are 500A modules. The are flipped upside down.

Also why would Rotel develop their own Class D design and then stop using it and switch back to ICEpower? Also if they are using ICEpower, why are they not promoting that in any of their literature? This is confusing.
                      I think you're confusing yourself!
                      AFAIK Rotel have ALWAYS used B&O ICE modules in their class D amps.
                      The 1575 is a 5x 500 watt 4 ohm amp, its safe to say it uses the 500 watt modules: ie 500ASP/500A. As you point out, one can clearly see 500ASP's. The 500A modules are the 500ASP modules minus the on-board power supply, they are a matching pair. One ASP module supports up to two satellite A modules. Did you follow the links? Its all explained on the ICE website.
                      - Mike

Main System:
                      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• mjb
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jimarchy
                        Whats wrong with the RMB-1575 you guy's? I got mine for $1600 at Christmas through audiogon 2nd hand and I am very pleased with it!!

On the Rotel website the show the 1575.... are they planning on discontinuing it?
                        AFAIK absolutely nothing. I'm extremely pleased with mine! Its powerful, runs cool, and its environmentally friendly due to its high efficiency. I'm sure Rotel are not discontinuing it :T
                        - Mike

Main System:
                        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS

Comment

• TommyV
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mjb
                          I think you're confusing yourself!
                          AFAIK Rotel have ALWAYS used B&O ICE modules in their class D amps.
                          The 1575 is a 5x 500 watt 4 ohm amp, its safe to say it uses the 500 watt modules: ie 500ASP/500A. As you point out, one can clearly see 500ASP's. The 500A modules are the 500ASP modules minus the on-board power supply, they are a matching pair. One ASP module supports up to two satellite A modules. Did you follow the links? Its all explained on the ICE website.
                          It has been talked about many times on this forum that after the 1077 Rotel started using their own proprietary amp modules in the 1076 and 1085 hence the lower costs. I am not just pulling this out of my arse.

Comment

• TommyV
                            • Feb 2007

RMB-1085

Comment

• Carrotman
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mjb
                              The 500A modules are the 500ASP modules minus the on-board power supply, they are a matching pair. One ASP module supports up to two satellite A modules. Did you follow the links? Its all explained on the ICE website.
                              Just be aware that the 500ASP and 500A are not completely identical and there will be some (small) sonic differences between them. This is also why you should use Rotel's connection markings to make sure the 500ASPs are connected to the front L/R speakers.

Originally posted by TommyV
                              It has been talked about many times on this forum that after the 1077 Rotel started using their own proprietary amp modules in the 1076 and 1085 hence the lower costs.
                              They are not proprietary to Rotel and they weren't developed by Rotel, they are standard 200ASC/200AC ICEpower modules. You are right about the cost bit though :P

/U.

Comment

• TommyV
                                • Feb 2007

Ok apparently I have read misinformation. So all Class D Rotel amps use ICEpower modules yet they only mention it on a few?

What about the RSX-1560 and RMB-1565? What modules are used in those models?

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2007

All of the class D amps from Rotel use ICEPower modules. They use different modules depending on application but they are all ICEPower. Rotel does do a couple of things on the output stage that is unique to them but all of the channels start as ICEPower.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"