X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

New Rotel Gear!

I am upgrading my system and thought I would come here and brag! What better place?
    Look at my shiny new RMB-1075. Damn she is a beauty.

The back view. It is a later model so it has the upgraded speaker binding posts.

New H15 (same as RLC-1040)

Now I am just waiting on my new RSP-1069 which should be here friday so I can start hooking it all up. I will update on the progress.
  • thezone
    • Jun 2008

Well done mate! Don't you just get a warm and fuzzy feeling when you look at the previous model rotel stuff! I have a 1069 and 1095 and i think it looks way better than the 15 series! Sorry 15 series people but the new gear looks like it belongs in an old Dr who series, a little to shiny for my liking. the old stuff has a more ...industrial look.

Enjoy your new gear!
    RSP-1570
    RMB-1095
    Primare PRE-30
    Yamaha CD-S2000
    Technics SL-1200MKII
    Pro-Ject Tube Box II
    Dynaudio Contour S3.4's
    Dynaudio Contour SCX
    2 x M&K V75 subs

Comment

• TommyV
      • Feb 2007

I actually think the 15 series looks sweet. I do have a special place in my heart for the look of the 10 series though. Nothing else like it, very unique.

I wanted to get these 10 series units before they were gone and the deals I am getting were too good to pass up. This 1075 was one of two brand new units left in the US shipped directly from Rotel.

Once my 1069 gets here it will be time to power down the beloved RSX-1057. Kinda scared a little because I love that 1057 so much. Such an excellent sounding and functioning unit. I am hoping that the 1069 with the current updates will integrate into my system smoothly.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

BTW, AudioAdvisors has the APC H-15 silver on sale for $149. Got mine last week.

Comment

• TommyV
          • Feb 2007

Sweet price. I got mine for $99 from Tiger Direct (authorized dealer). No way I could get the RLC-1040 for that kind of discount and APC gives a 5 year warranty with awesome support (from all accounts).

Besides at this point I will actually be hiding the unit behind my TV stand because I do not have room for it on the shelves with this massive 1075 so no reason to pay for the Rotel front face when you won't even see it.

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

tommy v,

while your hooking up the rsp 1069, plug in the multichannel inputs to hear the new hd surround formats. does your bluray have 6-channel outputs?

you will be amazed :E
            June
            "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• TommyV
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by june
              tommy v,

while your hooking up the rsp 1069, plug in the multichannel inputs to hear the new hd surround formats. does your bluray have 6-channel outputs?

Well I am very familiar using multi channel outputs into RSX 1057 with my HD DVD XA2 and Sharp BDP-20U. My plan is with the 1069, I can abandon the multi channel analogs for HDMI audio to use the superior D/A converters and better bass mgmt in the Rotel.

Comment

• thezone
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by june
                tommy v,

I too am using this method with 1069. Overall the sound is superb. Can I ask do you find the sub channel a little "hot" compared to the other channels?
                RSP-1570
                RMB-1095
                Primare PRE-30
                Yamaha CD-S2000
                Technics SL-1200MKII
                Pro-Ject Tube Box II
                Dynaudio Contour S3.4's
                Dynaudio Contour SCX
                2 x M&K V75 subs

Comment

• TommyV
                  • Feb 2007

thezone, why would you not use HDMI if you have the 1069? What Blu-ray player are you using?

Comment

• thezone
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by TommyV
                    thezone, why would you not use HDMI if you have the 1069? What Blu-ray player are you using?
                    I am using a htpc with quad core and 9600gt video card that only has dvi out. I tried the new asus hdav 1.3 hdmi which can send hd-audio thru pcm or bitstream but it completly fired my computer and in the process i lost an hdmi channel on my 1069. Not happy!

I find that the blu-ray experience playing directly from a hard drive is better than any stand alone unit i have seen. Others may disagree.
                    RSP-1570
                    RMB-1095
                    Primare PRE-30
                    Yamaha CD-S2000
                    Technics SL-1200MKII
                    Pro-Ject Tube Box II
                    Dynaudio Contour S3.4's
                    Dynaudio Contour SCX
                    2 x M&K V75 subs

Comment

• yourtoys7
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by TommyV
                      Sweet price. I got mine for $99 from Tiger Direct (authorized dealer). No way I could get the RLC-1040 for that kind of discount and APC gives a 5 year warranty with awesome support (from all accounts).

Besides at this point I will actually be hiding the unit behind my TV stand because I do not have room for it on the shelves with this massive 1075 so no reason to pay for the Rotel front face when you won't even see it.

How did you get it for 99.?
                      Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                      PSB T6,
                      Velodyne SPL 1000R
                      Rotel RSX-1057
                      Rotel RB-1070
                      OPPO 103
                      Apple TV
                      [

Comment

• TommyV
                        • Feb 2007

Just ordered it, that was the price at the time. Seems they raised back to $199.

Comment

• TommyV
                          • Feb 2007

Processor is here and hooked up!

Lookie my new Rotel setup!

Initial impressions. There is definitely a difference from my RSX-1057. To my surprise, there is much more detail. I can tell there is more power on tap of course but the sound feels like there has been a breath of fresh air blown into it. I did a lot of 2 ch listening.

Now I need to move on to getting the HDMI fully setup which I may need a little help on. My new rear speakers will be here Friday so once those are installed and I have done a full speaker calibration I can dig deep into the HT aspect.

Comment

• TommyV
                            • Feb 2007

More pics

Here are a couple more pics. I am no pro photographer.

That is a HTPC in there if anyone is wondering that I built. Love how it is all coming together. Some may already be familiar with my setup but I am in a new house with some upgraded gear. Very excited!

Comment

• artv4
                              • Jun 2007

great new setup!!!!!!!! what sub are you using?
                              GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Opus007
                                • Nov 2007

Congrats on the new setup Tommy.Looks nice and bet it sounds sweet. :T Where did you hide the apc15?

Comment

• TommyV
                                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by artv4
                                  great new setup!!!!!!!! what sub are you using?
                                  That is a B&W ASW 600 you can see the edge of in the first pic on post #14.

Comment

• TommyV
                                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Opus007
                                    Congrats on the new setup Tommy.Looks nice and bet it sounds sweet. :T Where did you hide the apc15?

Behind the TV stand.

I have plastic under it so carpet fibers do not get inside the unit.

Comment

• mjb
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2005

Make sure its not running hot in that position. Good air circulation is always recommended, and that's not happening here. Covering vent holes is also a dodgy practice. You won't want it cooking itself in a few weeks.
                                      - Mike

Main System:
                                      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• TommyV
                                        • Feb 2007

Heat rises and the top vent is in totally open air. Probably getting better air circulation than inside a cabinet. I will keep an eye on it though. If it gets real hot I will prop it up on some wood feet.

My last power conditioner which was a much larger unit (Belkin PF60) had no vent holes at all, it was completely enclosed. Also I have noticed Panamax does not use any ventilation holes.

Comment

• Tomys
                                          • Mar 2009

HI TommysV..I'm on the market for these power conditioner Belkin PF60 & APC_H15. As I can see you're using H15 after Belkin. With your experiences, which one you think is better in general..I don't mind about the price.
                                          Thanks very much for your expertise.
                                          Cheersss

Comment

• TommyV
                                            • Feb 2007

To be honest I think they are both great. The Belkin is larger and has more protection inputs. I would not have replaced it had space not been an issue. Here is a pic in the PF60 innards.

Also an update on my H15. Last night I powered up the media center and ran through some music at high levels with the plasma on displaying visualizations for over an hour. I reached back and touched the case of the H15 and it was not even warm so heat will not be an issue in this position.

Also I will probably be putting my silver PF60 up for sale if you are interested PM me.

Comment

• Tomys
                                              • Mar 2009

Thanks TommyV...PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"