X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

New Rotel 15 series brochure

Hi Guys here is a link to the new Rotel 15 series brochure with the new cd player and class a/b amps.

Enjoy
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

Looks great!

I wonder how the power D VS the A/B amp will be for 2 channel.
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

How did you get the link to work? I can't at all. I've tried both at home and work and I get nothing.

Eric

Comment

• Mikael
        • Aug 2007

Have you tried to type it with out the http://?
        Well that don't work for me.
        I just click on the link and there it is.

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

Link works fine for me, too. Thanks for posting, Mikael!
          Brad

Comment

• Mikael
            • Aug 2007

your more than welcome, just giving a little bit back to all of you who help me along the way, from time to time.

Comment

• jalyra
              • Jan 2009

Thanks a lot for sharing this brochure. I was desperate waiting for any information about the new stereo 15 series components.

Some findings:
              There's an error in the RC-1550, in the description it says RC-1070 (unless it is intentional, trying to say the RC-1550 is the replacement of the RC-1070, just as the RC-1580 is the replacement of the RC-1082).

In a sense, there is not any information suggesting the RC-1580 is indeed better than the RC-1082, or probably I'm missing something? Does the new one is just the same old preamp in a new skin?

The power rating of the RB-1582 was not 250 W/Ch as someone mention in this forum, but 200W/Ch, but looking at the rest of the tech spec. it sems the 1582 is better than the 1572. I think we are going to see a lot of discussion here comparing these two amps.

No info on the new 15 series tuner?

Probably this brochure is not the definitive version, but it looks finished to me.

Comment

• kmcheng
                • Jan 2008

The brochure mentions the "06" series. I checked Rotel's UK website and that line of products is described in some details. The North American website mentions nothing about the 06 series. Does anyone know anything about the availability and pricing of the 06 series in the US?

Comment

• Mikael
                  • Aug 2007

The RC1580 is not just the RC1082 in new skin, it has a processor pass through function, that the RC1082 didn't have.
                  I am not sure you could say by just looking at the specs that the RB1582 is better than the RB1572, it's two different designs. i for one like the sound of the RB1072 better than the sound of the RB1080, but I am very excited to hear the new class A/B amps.

Comment

• jalyra
                    • Jan 2009

I'm not sure about this, but I think the 06 series refers to the year it was out. If I'm right, the 06 series was out in 2006 everywhere except the US. The RC-06 amaze me of how much good sound this little (and cheap) preamp can produce. You can get the RC-06 & RB-06 for less than 300 euros each.

Regarding the RC-1580, yes one difference is the HT bypass function, but is that the only difference with the RC-1082?? Is the sound the same or are there any improvements in sound quality? What about the BHC capacitors, the toroidal transformer or the circuit topology the brochure refers to, is it the same as in the RC-1082 or are there improvements over the RC-1082?

Comment

• hifiguymi
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2007

The RC-1580 is a different preamp than the RC-1082. Both of the stereo preamps, the class A/B amps, the CD player, and the integrated amp all went through a redesign. They didn't just repackage the same pieces.

As for the RB-1582, it is 250 watts per channel. That is per my rep.

Eric

Comment

• Tha Freak
                        • Jul 2003

Thanks, very interesting...

But not very "printer friendly"....
                        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• TommyV
                          • Feb 2007

Nice to see some class A/B stereo amps. I wonder if they plan on any new 5ch versions for HT use. Thanks Mikael!

Comment

• Iggurk
                            • Jun 2006

Still no news regarding a 1098 successor ?

Comment

• annakova
                              • Feb 2009

Nice pictures! but still no news as to when the new 2-channel stuff will be available? My dealer says he has nothing - it could be this month, but it could be June or even later.

I've been holding off on my first purchase of stereo separates, since I hate to buy just before a whole new generation is launched. I have to admit though that the money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket, and the certainty of the 10-generation's sound is looking better and better compared to the uncertainty of the 15's.

Anna

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Iggurk
                                Still no news regarding a 1098 successor ?
                                Rotel is in the planning stages of a piece called the RSP-1590 that would retail around $4000.00US. They are not going to show or announce anything until CEDIA in September at the earliest.

Eric

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by annakova
                                  Nice pictures! but still no news as to when the new 2-channel stuff will be available? My dealer says he has nothing - it could be this month, but it could be June or even later.

I've been holding off on my first purchase of stereo separates, since I hate to buy just before a whole new generation is launched. I have to admit though that the money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket, and the certainty of the 10-generation's sound is looking better and better compared to the uncertainty of the 15's.

Anna
                                  Most of the 15 Series two channel gear is scheduled to ship in April. I don't have exact dates, but that was the last info from my rep as of about three weeks ago.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"