• Show
Clear All
  • wlhow218
    • Mar 2009

Repairing cost

Hi all, i have a RSP 1068 which has some following problem :-
    occasionally no output at all
    occasionally cannot lock to DTS
    after that cannot work at all, no lightning strike, nothing unusual cause...

I bought the set from Singapore, and i've send it to the authorised dealer in Malaysia, they said have to change the "board" which they have to order from Japan and it cost 1/3 of the pre amp!! is there any other way to rectify the problem?

This is a very bad experience with Rotel recently, i had a 1056 which gave me problem after just 1 year plus, now this one give me problem, is it the quality issue or just my bad luck? I have some old Rotels which i'm still using untill now without any problem....980 pre/power, 965 cd player......
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Is the warranty not 5 years over there? The board they want to replace sounds like the DSP board, which is essentially the heart of the unit.

It unfortunately handles a lot of what the processor does and is not easily board level repairable (meaning the normal fix is to replace). You might be able to contact Rotel Japan and see if they have any 'repaired' boards to sell.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"