X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpirovol
    • Dec 2007

1550/1560 Discussion

Hi Everyone,

I just had a few questions that people with a 1550 or 1560 can hopefully help me with.

1) My 1560 runs fairly hot after DD programming does anyone else with a 1560 notice this as well? I thought it was suppose to run cool?

2) When using a PS3 with LPCM do you notice a volume decrease? If so have you found a way around this besides the abvious turning up the volume?

3) Has anyone tried bi-amping the front and was there a noticable difference?

4) If anyone has a rogers 8300Hd with a 1550\1560 when watching heroe's last night did you notice some pops and crackles? I passed the audio to my TV and it was still there so wondering if it is my cable box or did it happen to someone else?

Thanks Terry
  • bnieman
    • Jun 2006

as for #4, broadcast TV has lots of weird hiccups and quality problems. I have heard pops and cracks regularly from mostly just network TV channels (NBC, ABC, FOX).

The worst problem is my ABC flashes a black screen for a fraction of second every 5 minutes or so.

I have Dish Network and I tried watching the over the air version and it suffers from the same problems. I've also tried watching it on different TVs and at different houses even. with completely different setups... It's the feed.

I wouldn't worry about the 1560 in the case of your question #4. As for the other questions I am sorry but I cannot help but am curious to the answers!
    Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• B&W_Group_Fan
      • Sep 2008

Terry,

On #1 - I've noticed that after a weekend afternoon run, things are a bit toasty. I don't think really hot though. Mine sits on its own shelf in the rack and has 3" - 4" or so around it. My dealer never told me it would run completely cool, just cooler than the 10 series I had before - which is an accurate statement.

On #4 - bnieman hit the nail on the head. The quality of cable broadcast is finicky at best. I've had some flawless shows and I've had others where it was almost unbearable.

I can't speak to your other questions.
      HT
      Rotel RSX-1560
      B&W Signature 7NT (x6) | B&W FPM6 (center) | Velodyne MiniVee
      Panasonic TH-46PZ800U | Panasonic DMP-BD55
      Apple TV

Kitchen / Dining
      Rotel RB-1510 (RSX-1560 providing source)
      B&W CCM 65 (x4)

Control
      URC MX-880 w/ MRF-350

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

I would imagine that most of the heat that is generated in an RSX-1560 is from the DSP engine and not the amplifiers. The RSP-1069 and RSP-1570 run warm because of them. I don't think the amps are generating much heat at all, if any.

Eric

Comment

• WelshOne
          • Jan 2009

Hi,

My 1570 also runs hot, but not too hot. It too has around 3/4" clearance around it. The 1575 runs cool, hardly warm.

With regards to 2#, is the PS3 set to Dynamic ON (compressed) for movies? If so turn it off. I too tried the PS3 to the rotel via LPCM and did not like the sound, sounded flat and compressed. Bitstreaming was better but then I lost the HD formats. Ended up getting a denon BD player in the end and bitstreaming, whole new level of performance, You must try one for demo, you will not look back! :T

Cant comment on 3#

4# I get the occasional small/quiet pop between commercials, no biggy! But if I set the Sky HD box to , Picture - auto, I get black screen between changing channels for a few seconds until the rotel adjusts the incoming signal resolution. Keeping the Sky HD box set to a standard setting output on the rotel overcomes this and is stable as a result. Also, are you still sending an audio/picture signal to the rotel via HDMI? If you are using an optical/coaxial cable for sound, then try disabling the audio through the HDMI? Yes, some channels look scintillating, others awful.

Hope this helps?

Comment

• ray5
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by WelshOne
            Hi,

My 1570 also runs hot, but not too hot. It too has around 3/4" clearance around it. The 1575 runs cool, hardly warm.

With regards to 2#, is the PS3 set to Dynamic ON (compressed) for movies? If so turn it off. I too tried the PS3 to the rotel via LPCM and did not like the sound, sounded flat and compressed. Bitstreaming was better but then I lost the HD formats. Ended up getting a denon BD player in the end and bitstreaming, whole new level of performance, You must try one for demo, you will not look back! :T

Cant comment on 3#

4# I get the occasional small/quiet pop between commercials, no biggy! But if I set the Sky HD box to , Picture - auto, I get black screen between changing channels for a few seconds until the rotel adjusts the incoming signal resolution. Keeping the Sky HD box set to a standard setting output on the rotel overcomes this and is stable as a result. Also, are you still sending an audio/picture signal to the rotel via HDMI? If you are using an optical/coaxial cable for sound, then try disabling the audio through the HDMI? Yes, some channels look scintillating, others awful.

Hope this helps?
            Hi! I see that you have the 1575. I am planning to buy it too with the 1570 as the pre/pro. How has your experience been? What speakers do you run? I am thinking of the B&W 803D's. Thanks.
            Ray

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"