X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanies
    • Jun 2008

How to clean Infinity Speaker Pots-Dials

Hello

I just got a used pair of Infinity Kappa 7.1 Series II and I was wondering if someone knows how can Iclean the back pots-dials of each speaker.

When I turn them I dont get any change in the sound

Thanks in advance
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Given you're post yeaterday odds are cleaning the pots will do nothing.
    Odds are they are wire wound versus carbon so cleanliness won't be an issue.

If you can pull 1 driver (unscrew screws, remove fastons, pull from cabinet) and check it with a 1 1/2 volt battery (AA), you may find it to be open. If thats the case I would bet all 4 are open (2 tweets-2 mids) and I would get ahold of whoemever you just bought them from and try to work something out.

I had a set of RS 2.5's years ago, and allthough they were power hogs (driven with a Haffler DH-500) they were sweet speaks.

If you do want to clean the pots you should be able to pull the crossover chasis screws, lift the crossovers out, and the pots will be exposed (judging from yesterdays photos).

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"