X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gfish
    • Mar 2005

1067 / Blu Ray

I have the RSX-1067 and I'm getting the Pioneer 51FD Blu Ray player which has the built in decoders for the latest BR audio (almost all of them). I only use a 5.1 system so I'm wondering if there is any advantage to hooking up all the analog inputs (7.1) from the BR player to the 1067? Does the 1067 do anything with the incoming 7.1 and convert it to 5.1? Or should I just stick with the 5.1 setup from the BR player?

What should the 1067 LED output say, 5 Ch? Or will it know the signal is Dolby Digital or DTS?

Cheers
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

gfish,

I have a 5.1 system with a BR player that decodes the HD audio formats. I only hook up the 5.1 interconnects. No need to hook up the last two. I'm not sure what the 1067 does with them in terms of processing, but I suspect nothing, since it's an external input. It would simply pass it on to the amp section. My pre-amp only says external when I first select it. The Rotel will NOT say DD or DTS since its an external feed. It should only say that when it detects that kind of digital signal.

BTW, I also hook up a coax digital from the BR to the pre-amp. I use this for standard DVD's and CD's, as my pre-amp is where I want that processing done. Something to consider, since the DD and DTS processing in the Rotel should be better than the Pioneer.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• gfish
      • Mar 2005

great, thanks for the info!!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"