X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • santicua
    • Jul 2008

1098 Help

Im using a 1098 along with a 1077 that powers my 805S fronts, HTM4S center, CWM 650 surrounds, and CCM80 rears. also using a velodyne dd10 for the sub. I am currently experiencing some problems with my digital cable box connected to it. I'll be watching tv for a while, then all of a sudden the sound switches off. Preamp and amp are still on, but it clicks and I get absolutely no sound. Weird thing is when I watch a dvd (have a blu ray player connected via the 7ch analog inputs) this does not happen. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Another question is how come when I connect my cable digi box, I only get two channel audio? Only the fronts and the sub works. Please help!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Hold down mute and let me know what firmware you have. They fixed a lot of issues similar to that in the later firmware.

Kevin D.

Comment

• santicua
      • Jul 2008

Hi kevin,

unit displays 2.2.3-070820

thanks!

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Hmm that's the latest. How do you have the cable box hooked up, optical or coaxial? Does it have the option for the other?

What brand cable box? There might some setup in it for the digital output.

What does the 1098 display when you only get 2ch audio, and so you only get 2ch no matter the channel?

Kevin D.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

What cable box do you have as well??!
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• santicua
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Kevin D
            Hmm that's the latest. How do you have the cable box hooked up, optical or coaxial? Does it have the option for the other?

What brand cable box? There might some setup in it for the digital output.

What does the 1098 display when you only get 2ch audio, and so you only get 2ch no matter the channel?

Kevin D.
            Sorry for the late reply....been out of town for a few days and no access to internet. anyways, cable box is hooked up via old school analog cables to the video one input. Cable box is made by COSHIP (some cheap brand from China I assume) and does not have and digital signal out. Thats the best we can get here in the pHilippines.

Finally figured out what was wrong with the 2ch audio....turns out the button on the remote doesnt seem to be working. when I adjust the settings from the preamp itself, I can switch bet 2ch, pro logic etc...

Comment

• santicua
              • Jul 2008

any ideas guys? sound on my 1098 still switches off when Im on Video 1 (which is connected to my cable box) stays on for 20-30 mins then all of a sudden i hear a click and sound is gone. 1098 still on though. If I swich it off then on again, sound resumes but then clicks off again in 10-15 mins.

Comment

• PewterTA
                • Nov 2004

hmm, so you've got it set for V1 to use the analog inputs. It sounds like it's trying to jump up to a Digital source (that's why the relays are clicking).

I'd move the cable box to another V(2-5) and see if it does the same thing. I'd also check the setting on the cable box to see if there any settings for the audio that might make a difference.

It seems weird that the relays are clicking.... You could see when the sound goes out, go into the menu on the 1098 and go to input V1 and go through the audio inputs (Optical 1,2,3 and Coaxial, 1-4, and analog. Then see if it comes back...
                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                -Dan

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"