X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redhawk
    • Feb 2007

Finally Complete After 3 Years - Here Is My Theater

After three years it is finally complete. Thanks to all for advice along the way. From the top is the cable box, xbox 360, RDV-1045, RCD-1072, RSX-1069, and the RMB-1072. CM7's in the front, CM1's in the back. The sub is the ASW-608.

Made my own bi-wired cables for the fronts, jumpers for the rears and power strip.

The most significant improvements to sound were the tower in the center and organizing the cables keeping the power cords seperate.

Next additions are building my own media server, a Sony BDP-550 Blu Ray and a second sub.

Two questions:
    What is the best way to ventilate the cabinet. Was going to get 4 80mm computer fans with dust filters blowing in all the time to keep air moving and positive air pressure with filtered air to reduce dust.
    Do you prefer the digital coax or the RCA outputs for the CD player?
    Attached Files
    RDV-1045 - RMB-1075 - RSP-1069 - RCD-1072 - CM7 - CM1 - ASW 608
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

For fans:

Comment

• Ken49r
      • Dec 2007

I like the three CM7's across the front and the matching Rotel gear looks good in the cabinet.
      Bet it sounds great up front.

Do we see a little wire management on the horizon?

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

Hard to see the point of a center speaker when all three are so close together.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Don't buy any of the fans that Kevin pointed out (no offense kevin). You are better with computer case fans and a PSU to drive them. Specifically something like 120mm which will blow 33.5CFM and only make 8.7db.

Then just mount them with a rubber bushing and you'll never hear the things at all. All you need is an old/spare PSU from a PC. Nothing easier than that. :T
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by PewterTA
            Don't buy any of the fans that Kevin pointed out (no offense kevin). You are better with computer case fans and a PSU to drive them. Specifically something like 120mm which will blow 33.5CFM and only make 8.7db.
            No offense taken. Hell, I've got old CRT fans running my closet. If Redhawk is fine mounting PC fans and wiring up a power supply they will work great. If he wanted something with a grill, power supply, and temperature sensor so it doesn't run all the time, the MA fits the bill.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Redhawk
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by shadow 8
              Hard to see the point of a center speaker when all three are so close together.
              No choice unfortunately, but will have a bigger room one day.

Comment

• Redhawk
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
                No offense taken. Hell, I've got old CRT fans running my closet. If Redhawk is fine mounting PC fans and wiring up a power supply they will work great. If he wanted something with a grill, power supply, and temperature sensor so it doesn't run all the time, the MA fits the bill.

Kevin D.
                Was either going to get this
                Cabinet Fan Mounting Kit: One Scythe Sony 120mm(4.72 inch) Ultra Quiet Fan, Cabinet Mounting Panel, Fan Grill, Fan Mesh, Fan Speed Controller, AC Power Supply

Or four of these with the control unit/power supply
                Enermax Marathon 80mm ENLOBAL Bearing Fan
                Conventional bearing fans just not cutting it for you anymore? Enermax's all new Marathon Fans utilize an ENLOBAL magnetic barometric bearing for a completely frictionless and noiseless operation. The ENLOBAL bearing allows the shaft of the fan to ride suspended on air, or rather a magnetic flux. What does that mean to you? It means that no moving parts are touching each other creating absolutely no friction or motor noise. In fact the only noise created is from the air moving through the fan blades itself. Imagine the absolutely quietest fan you have ever heard and subtract the motor noise...enter the world of the Marathon ENLOBAL Bearing Fans from Enermax! <div class="fantbltop"></div> <table class="casetblbrd" width="558px" align="left" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"> <tr> <td class="casetblgry">Dimensions:</td> <td class="casetbl">80 x 80 x 25mm</td> <td class="casetblgry">Air Flow:</td> <td class="casetbl">24CFM</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="casetblgry">Speed:</td> <td class="casetbl">1500RPM +/-10%</td> <td class="casetblgry">Noise:</td> <td class="casetbl">14dBA</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="casetblgry">Current:</td> <td class="casetbl">0.16A</td> <td class="casetblgry">Bearing Type:</td> <td class="casetbl">Magnetic Barometric Bearing</td> </tr> </table> <div class="casetblbtm"></div> <B>Features:</B> <UL><LI>Exclusive ENLOBAL bearing with magnetic-barometric design to run friction-free and noiseless <LI>Nano-technology composite for lowest abrasion and extreme durability <LI>Detachable fan blades for easy cleaning <LI>3-pin design with 4-pin adapter for universal connectivity</UL> <B>Specifications:</B> <UL><LI>Bearing Type: ENLOBAL Magnetic Barometric Bearing <LI>Fan Speed: 1500RPM +/-10% <LI>Noise Level: 14dBA <LI>Airflow: 24CFM <LI>Blades: 7 <LI>Rated Voltage: 12VDC <LI>Current: 0.16A <LI>Power Connector Type: 3-pin w/ 4-pin adapter <LI>Dimensions: 80 x 80 x 25mm <LI>RoHS Compliant: Yes</UL>

Both will have filters attached and be blowing in.

Will a fan create a magnetic field or other interference that I've to worry about? They will be about 3 inches from the back of each device.

Comment

• Nuthed
                  • Jan 2007

You get rid of that couch and you'll be all set. :T

Just kidding. Nice gear.
                  Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
                  RB980-BX driving mains
                  Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
                  Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
                  Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
                  SVS PB-12

Comment

• robert L
                    • Jul 2008

i agree with shadow 8, whats with the center channel speaker, hope your kidding that that took 3 years

Comment

• impala454
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2007

That's kinda uncalled for. It should be obvious that the '3 years' he mentioned was the time it took to acquire all the gear.

Looks like a great setup :T You gotta work with the room ya got!
                      -Chuck

Comment

• robert L
                        • Jul 2008

get an open audio cabinet with 3 shelves and put it under the tv, then all your equipment will be on the outside and vented naturally ,Then take your right and left towers and spread them out, get a real center channel speaker and place it on top shelf of the audio cabinet and your all set, solves the wire hiding issue, the ventilation issue and it'll sound much better too

Comment

• robert L
                          • Jul 2008

come on chuck, u gotta agree with me, ok i was kinda kidding,but its funny

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"