X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximumshow
    • Nov 2004

Pictures of my 261s (finally!)

Hey all... I recently finished my Exodus 261s, and just now was able to snap off some pics with a borrowed digicam. I had to work on these on my deck during the summer, as I have no workshop. Limited tools also prolonged the build process. The finish took a long time even though it is still FAR from perfect, as I don't have an air gun. I used spray paint instead.

Ewww black is bad for finger prints and dust... perhaps I should clean them before taking pics next time.

In the wide shot you can see the projector I am making. That's not the final position, just the "work in progress" place. I actually might re-make the entire enclosure though.

Here's the tempest I posted a while back. The stand is now painted and the front plate on the crossover/volume control is fixed.

Please excuse the mess, as the room is being used as my lab, so there are tools/junk all over.

Overall I am very pleased with the setup! I have a long way to go, as you can see. Still need an LCR and 2x61s, for surrounds. The walls are bare, and the floor is a rug over concrete, so wall treatments are the next thing on the list. The speakers are at the far wall of a 12"x24"x8" room... Any suggestions regarding possible better placement?

Thanks for looking! Tell me what you think.
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Looks like you've been pretty busy- so what kind of music are you playing on your 261s?
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• David G
      • Jan 2005

Nice work & I like your creative side-panels.
      How did you find the black spray paint? I'm thinking about using it for my subs.

Comment

• maximumshow
        • Nov 2004

Jon - I listen to just about anything but mostly rock and the like. I'm actually getting more into some "older" music. It seems to really sound good on this setup. I'm not sure if it's the mastering process or if it's just the music itself. Dark Side of the Moon sounds awesome! Female vocals sound particularly good, but perhaps I'm just used to poor sounding setups.

David - Thanks! As for the spray paint it can very time consuming, and I only did a matte finish... I can't imagine the work involved in doing a piano black finish. My finish looks better than it does with the camera flash, but it still has flaws. I found that even with many coats, it is hard to get a spray can to do an even final coat. Even using matte black, there were places where it went on shinier/glossier. I'm sure this can be avoided with an air gun. For my final few coats I sprayed from farther away to give a slight textured effect, which you can't see in the pics. I still have yet to try veneer.

I want a HVLP system for xmas!

Comment

• cdwitmer
          • Sep 2004

I can't speak from experience, but I'm under the impression that a matte black finish is no easier, and perhaps even more difficult, to apply than glossy . . . although I guess "it depends."

Comment

• GrahamT
            • Oct 2004

Nice work Jordan. That's a nice setup there. I like the creativity in the sub.

Comment

• Kyle Richardson
              • Aug 2000

Very nice looking job!

Comment

• maximumshow
                • Nov 2004

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"