X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gianluca
    • Oct 2008

RSX-1056 & RMB-1075

Hello all,

I currently have an RSX-1056 powering B&W 603s3, LCR600s3, and 602 in a HT setup mostly for movies but also enjoyed in stereo for music. I currently have the opportunity to purchase a RMB 1075 and had a few questions.

I find the bottom end lacks of the 603's and was wondering if the 1075 would add some more authority to the bottom end? I think the RSX does not have enough current output to power the 603's properly.

Do you guys think it would make a huge difference?

The RMB-1075 is going for around 550USD is this to much, seller states 10/10 condition?

Thanks

Gianluca
    Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Gianluca
    Hello all,

I currently have an RSX-1056 powering B&W 603s3, LCR600s3, and 602 in a HT setup mostly for movies but also enjoyed in stereo for music. I currently have the opportunity to purchase a RMB 1075 and had a few questions.

I find the bottom end lacks of the 603's and was wondering if the 1075 would add some more authority to the bottom end? I think the RSX does not have enough current output to power the 603's properly.

The RMB-1075 is going for around 550USD is this to much, seller states 10/10 condition?

Thanks

Gianluca

Gianluca,

The 1075 would be an excellent addition to your setup. It definitely would add extra oomph to the bottom end. Soundstage, depth and detail should also improve.

Also, by getting an external amp, this sets you up to go truly separate later on. This is better in the long run.

$550 for a good condition 1075 is a good deal. I think they normally go for around $700 used.

If you can get a 1075 at this price, I think that is a great move for you.

Do you have a sub? If not, you definitely need more power. If you do, and bass is a bit lacking, as you state, then I think you are on the right path considering the 1075.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Gianluca
      • Oct 2008

Htsteve thanks for your reply

Yes this the reason I was thinking to get a real amp and later get a pre/pro.

I do have a subwoofer (Sunfire True Sub) but it does not add the upper base range as well as expected for stereo. I listen to a great variety of music and I remember that some 90's club music was very bassy just not in the subbass more like 130hz range (a guess). Lacks punch is what i mean.

Thanks

Gianluca
      Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• artv4
        • Jun 2007

Hello all,

Thanks

Gianluca
        if you really want to make your b&w 603s3 shine, i would purchase a rotel rb-1080. i would still purchase the rmb-1075 to power the other channel (including for 7.1 :lol: ) but use the rb-1080 for 2 channel & ht. i am currently using an rotel rb991 for the same speakers and man the soundstage is just amazzzzzing with clean tight bass
        GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• NMG
          • Oct 2004

The 1075 will definitely be an improvement, however, if you can do what artv4 suggests I think you'll see a much bigger difference. If I were in your shoes, that's what I would be doing. In fact, I'd keep the 1056 and use the 1080 for the mains before worrying about adding more power for the center and surrounds. That can always come later, I think the biggest improvement would be to go with the heavier amp for the mains right now :T

Good luck!

Comment

• Gianluca
            • Oct 2008

Hi Guys thanks for your input,

Would I not also be able to bi-amp using the 1075 for my mains and 1 channel for the center and 1056 for surounds. It would not be exactly the same as having 200wpc but...what do you guys think. The 1080 would be for a future purchase. The 1075 is in Canada so no duty.

Luca

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Hi Guys thanks for your input,

Would I not also be able to bi-amp using the 1075 for my mains and 1 channel for the center and 1056 for surounds. It would not be exactly the same as having 200wpc but...what do you guys think. The 1080 would be for a future purchase. The 1075 is in Canada so no duty.

Luca

Luca,

That plan works as well. That is a very nice price on the 1075. The fun part is that you can try both scenarios (use all 5 on HT or biamp the mains) and see which you like best.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"