X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

Video footage of the new Rotel 15 Series line

I have to say, the black finish looks much better than the silver. The silver looks like a hideous krell knockoff.
    A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Good looking stuff, but I can barely see the black components in this video. The RMB-1575 (5x250 watt) looks like an interesting piece, and fills a big void that existed in the previous Class D amp lineup.
    Brad

Comment

• Mikael
      • Aug 2007

I also think that the black finish looks a lot better than the silver one. And you are so right when you say they look like a Krell knockoff.I just hope that the black is a real black and not the same brown black as the current 10 series.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

@Mikael

I agree 100% --> new Rotel serie 15 ONLY in Black :T

Personaly the silver is like a pinkautomobil. ops:

:B

Omar

OT but the "new" RB1092 will be replaced from the 2x250 ??
        I dont understand the Rotel marketing...

Comment

• Mikael
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by style
          @Mikael
          OT but the "new" RB1092 will be replaced from the 2x250 ??
          I dont understand the Rotel marketing...
          Hi Style

I don't think they are replacing the "new/old" RB1092 with the new RB1572.There will be some new stereo product in the 15 series in the 1.st quater in 2009.

Comment

• joetama
            • May 2006

So do those new devices do audio processing through the HDMI? Or no?

Interested in seeing the two channel stuff I guess.

Plus, maybe it is just me or maybe I have a bad idea with Class D. But as soon as I hear "Class D" I lose a lot of interest...
            -Joe

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by joetama
              All of the new 15 Series do audio processing through HDMI. The only piece from the 10 Series that didn't was the RSX-1057 and that isn't being replaced. All of the 15 Series now decode all available formats as well (Dolby TrueHD on down and dtsHD Master Audio on down).

That will be next year. The plan is to show the new 15 Series stereo components at CES in January.

Plus, maybe it is just me or maybe I have a bad idea with Class D. But as soon as I hear "Class D" I lose a lot of interest...
              It's you . The class D amps sound very good. One of my coworkers has an RMB-1085 now that replaced an RMB-1075 in his system and it's better. The image is more focused and the soundstage is bigger without adding brightness. The mid bass is faster and more detailed. It's a better amp overall. Don't be afraid of class D, don't be afraid of class D, don't be afraid.......

Eric

Comment

• kmcheng
                • Jan 2008

Well, if you listen to the class A/B and class D side-by-side immediately after the other on the same materials then you can probably tell a difference. I do not think either is better or worse, they just sound slightly different, and the difference is hard to put into words.

However, once they are in your listening room you ears will adapt to them quickly. I now have class D for all channels, and I think my subwoofers (PV1) are class D as well. Overall I think it is very high quality sound and I am enjoying it a lot. I am not sure if the class A/B amps will make me happier, but I am sure they will take up much more room, generate much more heat, and costs me dearly in my electricity bill.

Comment

• Mikael
                  • Aug 2007

I have to say that I love the sound of my class D power amp RB1072,so much that I traded in my old RB1090.The RB1072 has a warmer and more musical sound than the old a/b amps from Rotel. IMO

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"