b & w htm1 ( center)
    b & w 704 ( rear)
    kimber hero
    kimber agdl
    kimber 8tc bi wiring
    dcm 1010 (subwoofer)
    monster cable hts3600
    monster cable ss avs2000

Would it make a big jump from switching to rb-1091 in the front 3 channels?Any suggestions to improve the sound quality when i'm listening the 2 ch?
    Last edited by cla169; 21 July 2008, 19:10 Monday.
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Unless you absolutely need monoblocks save $500+ and get the RB-1092. I use that with my N804 along with the RC-1090 pre. Nice synergy together.

Comment

• cla169
      • Jul 2008

would it be a major upgrade from rb1080 by using the 1092 or two 1091?

Comment

• WI Rotel
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by cla169
        my current system:

rotel rsp-1098
        rotel rb-1080(front 2ch)
        rotel rmb-1075(rear + center)
        denon dvd-2900
        b & w n804 (front)
        b & w htm1 ( center)
        b & w 704 ( rear)
        kimber hero
        kimber agdl
        kimber 8tc bi wiring
        dcm 1010 (subwoofer)
        monster cable hts3600
        monster cable ss avs2000

Would it make a big jump from switching to rb-1091 in the front 3 channels?Any suggestions to improve the sound quality when i'm listening the 2 ch?
        Don't think you need any upgrading. Instead of spending a ton of money on amps I would simply upgrade to 802's. That, would be a real difference.

Comment

• Mig17
          • Jan 2008

try some different cables, I'm not a lover of Kimber hero and 8TC even I used to own them

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by cla169
            Any suggestions to improve the sound quality when i'm listening the 2 ch?
            With the quality of components you have already assembled, my suggestion would be to first consider some room treatments, if you you’re looking to achieve major improvements in 2ch sound quality. A thick floor pad with a large rug if you don't aready have carpet in the room, some bass traps in the corners and wall panels at your first reflection points to start with. For ~ $400 (DIY) you could obtain significant gains that a $2000 single component upgrade could never deliver.

As always, JMHO.

_

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Hallo cla169,

I have a RB1092 to drive the main 803D and a RB1091 for the center Htm2d.

I have read that the RB1092 will be better.. but READ on the paper¨is easy.. I don't believe is a different between the RB1092 and 2xRB1091....is the same.

I had the rmb1075 in the past, then I bought the RB1092
              after I replaced the rmb1075 with another RB1092 for the rear and a center for the RB1091...

Go with the RB1092.

B & W is a speaker with a deep low then the cable is better to be neutral ...
              with a cable "hot" you've even lower strong .. You must make a balance in your choices... / speaker with deep bass, cable neutral and Rotel amplifier as D class is a good combination.

save more money as possible for upgrage the speakers --> I agree with WI Rotel (not the 802 but 803s with the htm1 is a good match...)

Try with another cables is FOR ME not a solution...
              a good "isolation/ acoustics part " see mail from wkhanna is too important.

Greetingfrom Swizterland
              Omar

---------------------
              8TC is not bi.wire!!! the 12TC bi-wire = 4+8TC and is bi-wired/I use too this cable and i'm very happy.

Comment

• Mig17
                • Jan 2008

Or upgrade your OPAm in your 1098 I think

Comment

• MacUser
                  • Aug 2006

Go for the 1092! I've done almost the same thing (804 fronts), coming from a RB-991. After my experience with the 1092 the next thing I'm going to buy is a 1091 for my HTM1. I am definetly Class-D'd ... ;-)

Comment

• cla169
                    • Jul 2008

guys, thx for all the detailed information and suggestion, it helps me a lot, thx!!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"