X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Rkf 100

Does anyone have and use this fan? I have a question about the instructions. It seems straight forward but something is missing I think.

Under the "Front Panle Discription" reads:

"Front panel houses a switch for controlling the on/off and auto function" - I only see one button which turns the unit on and off...no auto function. When I turned it off the area I had it in gotvery hot and did not turn on automatically.

This instructions go on to read:

"It is important to note that the onl time the switch needs to be in the "on" position is durring an initial test when the fans will be operating at their maximum speed. Once the RKF has completed its test it is recomended that the switch be placed in its "auto" position. In this mode niether the fans nor the LED will operate until the selected ambient temperature is reach"

OK...there is no switch which says "on", "off" or "auto". There is only a button which turns completely on and off. I dont find the fans change speeds and I dont find it turns off and on automatically.

any feedback would be a great help. I feel stupid asking questions about such a basic product but there is no picture refering to the switch being mentioned and I swear its not there.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Haven't used one, but from the way I read the manual it seems like you need to supply trigger voltage to put it in AUTO mode. IE, On is on, off with no trigger is off, off with trigger is auto.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Haven't used one, but from the way I read the manual it seems like you need to supply trigger voltage to put it in AUTO mode. IE, On is on, off with no trigger is off, off with trigger is auto.

Kevin D.
      thanks kevin,
      I am using the trigger, but nothing happens when I shut everything off..meaning the fans still go and the light is still on. Im going ot give it 10 min to see if they turn off on their own when everything cools down.

**the other strange thing i noticed is if I switch from "syn" to "tigger" the fan speed changes (slows down switching to sync).

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

OK..

I have the triger hooked up and turn everything on. I left it on for a goog 30 min where the area the fan is in got very hot. The fan however did not turn on.

Could it be the trigger isnt working on the 1069 or the RKF 100? I have used the trigger out before on the 1069 and it worked with something else, so im guessing the trigger on the RKF 100 isnt working. IMO the fact that a light only comes on when the fans actually turn on was a mistake in the design. Some indication should show that its at least in standby.

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

I tourbled shooted and found a small issue with my fan. If switched to "12v" tigger on the back the 12V trigger does not work. I have to switch it to "sync" which is what you would do if you daisy chained more then one RKF 100. No big deal to me I just have to switch it to sync and make the 100 think I have more then one attached for the trigger to work.

strange.

Comment

• Destruction
            • Dec 2006

Hi Vancouver,

The RKF temperature setting is the 'master setting', so even in 12V trigger mode the fan will remain on until the temperature threshold drops below 35 degrees C.

As you've already discovered, you can override the temperature setting by setting the fan to 'sync mode', which means it acts as a slave from a master fan. Therefore in this mode the fan is turned off whenever the 12V is disabled.

The front panel power button just switches between 'auto mode' and manual override.

I hope this helps. 8)
            Best regards,

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Destruction
              Hi Vancouver,

The RKF temperature setting is the 'master setting', so even in 12V trigger mode the fan will remain on until the temperature threshold drops below 35 degrees C.

As you've already discovered, you can override the temperature setting by setting the fan to 'sync mode', which means it acts as a slave from a master fan. Therefore in this mode the fan is turned off whenever the 12V is disabled.

The front panel power button just switches between 'auto mode' and manual override.

I hope this helps. 8)
              thank you..and yes it does help.

My issue was if I left the switch to 12v it would never turn on from the 12v trigger no matter how hot it got. The only way I could get the fan to turn on and off with the trigger is if I put the switch to sync. The fan is to quite to determine if the fan speed changes in the sync depending on temp mode...which is good thing I guess.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"