X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbyrne
    • Jan 2008

RA 1062 connection questions

I am considering replacing an eight year-old Marantz 4300 HT receiver with a Rotel 1062 integrated amp to drive my B&W 683s. I use my system 90% for 2-channel audio and 10% for video/movies, so I rarely use the HT ability of the Marantz. I also don't want to use the Marantz as a pre-amp because its volume control is on the fritz and I question whether its worth repairing (the Marantz sounds OK, but seems to lack lower/mid-range "guts").

I plan to purchase a dedicated CD player rather than using the DVD for music. If I want the audio associated with the TV and DVD to run through the B&Ws, can I connect the TV and/or DVD to the Aux and/or Tape jacks on the 1062?

Thanks for your thoughts -
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by tbyrne
    If I want the audio associated with the TV and DVD to run through the B&Ws, can I connect the TV and/or DVD to the Aux and/or Tape jacks on the 1062?
    Absolutely! If you're using a cable (or satellite) receiver, you should probably run direct from there, and avoid audio to the tv altogether.
    Brad

Comment

• tbyrne
      • Jan 2008

So take the audio output from the cable box and run it through the IA, bypassing the TV (a 32" Sony LCD)? The only issue with that is that the kids would have to use the Rotel IA to watch Sponge Bob, right? I believe that the coax that feeds the cable box has audio and video combined, which are then split into 3 RCA video (B,R,G) and 2 audio channels.

Ata any rate, I can figure that out - I just wanted to make sure the voltage levels of the TV/cable outputs wouldn't mess up the 1062 in any way.

Thanks much!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"