X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Rcd 955ax vs. 1072

Hello,

I saw a deal on a older CD player RCD-955AX for $100. I've be also looking for a deal on a RCD-1072. What the difference in sound quality?
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The RCD-1072 is much better at dynamics and it's more open. One thing the RCD-955AX is very good at is pace. All Rotel CD players do that well but the RCD-955AX is a great player in that regard. That said, the RCD-1072 is well worth extra money IMO.

Eric

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

Thanks Eric,

I'll wait for a deal on a 1072.
      June

Comment

• Catbo
        • Apr 2007

It's still very good

I have both, the RCD-955AX CD Player and the RCD-1072 CD Player. I use the RCD-1072 with my Rotel RC-1090 and RB-1090 and use the RCD-955AX with my Rotel RC-1090 and RB-1080. I find them to be very simular with the RCD-955AX being maybe ever so slightly a tad brighter. Both CD players are very good. The RCD-955AX does an excellent job at reading CD disc very fast and quick, the fastest I've ever come across. The RCD-1072 is slower reading disc but still quick compared to some others. $100 for the RCD-955AX is still a great deal and worth it. The dynamics sound near same on my system but I am running it on a newer pair of Klipschorn's that is already doing dynamics easy so could depend on speakers?

I just saw on craigslist a 2006 model Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player for $250.00 which is a great deal! I contacted the seller and was told it sold quickly.
        I was hoping to tip off a family member that has been looking for a used one.

Comment

• june
          • Feb 2005

Catbo,

how do you compair the 1070 to the 1072??
          June

Comment

• Catbo
            • Apr 2007

I've never heard the Rotel RCD-1070. I was curious of how the two compared when I first purchased my RCD-1072, never got the chance to find out.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"