X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rman01138
    • Feb 2008

Rotel RSP-1068

I have decided to buy a Rotel RMB-1095 amp. My concern is buying a processor. I would like to buy a Rotel RSP-1068 but it does not have any of the newer audio formats. Should I buy a receiver with the new audio formats and have the 1095 run my speakers. What do you think of this set up?
  • Ferres
    • Jan 2007

You could get a Blu player that does all the audio processing internally and use the 1068's analog multi-inputs. I don't know if there are any recievers that can out perform a dedicated pre. Maybe others could chime in.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

You can really go either way. The Integra is getting some pretty nice reviews with the newest formats.

I guess you need to decide on what you are going to use as a Player, if it has the analog outputs or you need a Processor that decodes the formats or not.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

The rsp1068 is a fantastic preamp. I own one and loved it since it came out. I still use mine with Blu and HD dvd formats. I plan on upgrading to a newer preamp but there is nothing on the market that I want. The Integra isn't a good match in my opnion. It's very bright and not very musical. Like older Integra gear, it still holds the same kind of sonic signature. I'm not a fan.
        There is a new Rotel preamp in the Rsp1069. It however does not decode anything. Actually they decided to use a old format in 1.1 HDMI. Bad choice in my opnion and I have no deisre to own it.
        B&K is releasing there new preamp in May. I'm waiting until then to do something about owning the rsp1068. I also have a back up plan if I can't take it anymore and want to experience the new formats with full HDMI switching. All my gear is now HDMI and I want to use it the correct way.
        The backup plan is buying a Pioneer Elite vsx94txh. It's a killer receiver but doesn't have the ability with it's internal amps to drive my speakers(Dynaudio). My speakers are 4ohms. So I'm keeping my rmb1095 to run them no matter what I use as a preamp.
        NAD has a new preamp out but it doesn't decode anything and freaky enough is HDMI 1.3 but without the decoders. It's a card frame design and can be upgraded to internal decoding. I think thats a bunch of bull to release a product without internal decoding. Thats what a preamp processor is suppost to do, process the audio and video to some degree.

Right now is a tuff time to buy a preamp. Everything thats coming out isn't out and whats out isn't intresting enough for me anyway. You decide on whats right for your system.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Mig17
          • Jan 2008

Hi
          Why you not choose Anthem AVM 50 which is HDMI 1.3 If I am right
          Thanks

Comment

• rmassey
            • Jul 2003

The AVM 50 is HDMI 1.1

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

system HT

@rman01138,

for processor the rsp1068 now 1069 is not bad but the Anthem D2 will be the
              best solution for your hungry high definition - sound decoder.

---------
              The Rmb1095 is a good gaer but now obsolete.
              in Switzerland (where I live) for example the RB1090 (2 channel version of 1095) is already out of print, and 1095 will be the next.

Personaly I have changed my 1075 with the new D class power ampli.
              (2x RB1092 and 1xRB1091).
              I have the Rsp1068 and I search a new Pre/pro too.
              I really like the Anthem D2 and its scaler Gennum Video gives results like few others ...

omar

Comment

• Pez
                • May 2004

Calling the 1095 obsolete seems a little odd to me. Maybe if all amps were going digital than I could buy that but thats a very long way off. In Rotel's eyes maybe since they are moving towards mostly digital amps but solid state amps arent going anywhere. Digital amps still have a lot hearts to win over since solid state amps have been around for a long time and are proven perfromers.

I have the 1077 and I remember the salesman telling me when I bought it "we are old school at this store and dont really like the digital amps". When I questioned him further about this he never really spent quality time comparing types of amps, just a gut feeling.

It may be long in the tooth but thats about it.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"