X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

RSX 1057 is Alive.

While listening to music yesterday the volume started to inch it's way higher and higher.So I look at the display and see the volume going from 70 and moving fast up to max volume.I got to the receiver as it maxed out at 90 and hit the off button.The remote was a good 10 feet away on a table so it was not from the remote going crazy.It has not done it since.Anyone have this happen?Do you think it could of damaged my speakers(B&W)683's ?They seem to sound the same.Sure got loud in here .RSX 1057 fronts connected to rb 1080 through preouts.Thanks.
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

You live somewhere close to area 51? or get visited by aliens frequently? that's radical.

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sirbogey
      You live somewhere close to area 51? or get visited by aliens frequently? that's radical.
      Do not tell anyone.....

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

What kind of display do you have and how close is it to the 1057?

Kevin D.

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

I was refering to the display (led) on the rsx 1057.Is that what you are asking?I just got off the phone with the dealer and he said he has had this happen a couple of times with other customers and it is the microprocessor in the Rotel that controls the volume.He said to reset the RSX1057 and if it happens again it will have to go in for repair .He also told me Rotel is aware of this.I expressed my concern that if it happens again and blows my speakers are my speakers covered and he said all is covered.... so will just have to hope it does not happen again.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Sorry, What kind of TV do you have and how close is it?

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Strange...what kinda of remote do you have?

The same thing is happening to me with my RSP 1069, but I have been blaming it on my Harmony 1000 remote because it has so many other bugs.

Comment

• Opus007
                • Nov 2007

Tv is Sony KDF-E42A10 LCD Rear projection.Tv is aprox. 6 inches from 1057 which is in a stereo rack next to tv, due to space limitations.Never happened before yesterday.Does having 1057 so close to tv cause this?Remote is RR-1060.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"