X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Class D 200 w

Hi guy's
    Anybody got any news of Rotel's new 200 w ICE Power amp?Is it just a rumour or? And what about a RSP 1099?
    The Danish importer told me that he saw some drawings of a new 15 series when he was at CES 08, and it would replace the 10 series, can somebody confirm that?
  • GillianSeed
    • Dec 2007

Last Year, someone on the Forum said, we might see the 20 series at CES08...
    Maybe they hold back the 1099 for the upcoming series (15 now?) and just call it a 1598RSP.
    Im also on the waiting list for that, and would like to see 5x200W Icepower Amp.
    Entschuldigung for my engrish.

Comment

• randyman
      • Jan 2004

It sure would be nice for the 200x5, but I would have expected it at CES this year. I'm sure they know that many people are looking for this. Why introduce another slew of 100x5, 100x6, etc....

Comment

• shadow 8
        • Aug 2004

I would buy the 200 wpc x 5 for my ML speaker setup. Hope its coming but kinda doubt it given the development trends so far.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

I do know that Rotel is working on amps with 200 watt ICE Power modules, but there hasn't been anything announced about availability.

I think Rotel is going to be pretty quiet with new products until CEDIA (around September) this year. I hear there are going to be some pretty significant product launches at CEDIA and maybe a new line of products. I don't know anything more than that so be patient please. September may sound like a long way off, but it's not.

Eric

Comment

• cug
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            September may sound like a long way off, but it's not.
            It is because I have to upgrade before September if I want to be in the first 12 months ...

cug

Comment

• cfrizz
              • Apr 2006

It's a shame that while Rotel makes such outstanding products that they don't seem to care to either keep up with the market, or with what is most wanted by the customers based on what is going on in the world of HT.

It is no longer just a stereo based world & it takes lots of power to run speakers in a multichannel setup. 100wpc whether digital or analog based really doesn't cut it anymore.
              Cathy
              ---------
              Sunfire TGP III, Sunfire Cinema Grande 405wpc 5 channel Amplifier, :B Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Sony PS-454 Turntable, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston 920 Center Channel, Boston PV600 Sub Woofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Comment

• FernandoF
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                I do know that Rotel is working on amps with 200 watt ICE Power modules, but there hasn't been anything announced about availability.
                I know it's been asked before, but I guess it won't hurt to repeat it one more time: please give us a 200x3 version for our 3 front speakers !!! :W

Fernando

Comment

• shadow 8
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FernandoF
                  I know it's been asked before, but I guess it won't hurt to repeat it one more time: please give us a 200x3 version for our 3 front speakers !!! :W

Fernando
                  Never happen. No one makes 3 channel amps any more, and Rotel will not start now.

Comment

• GregLett
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by shadow 8
                    Never happen. No one makes 3 channel amps any more, and Rotel will not start now.
                    Krell has one in production. The KAV3250.
                    Greg

Comment

• cug
                      • Jan 2008

Comment

• GregLett
                        • May 2005

yup them too. a Three Channel amp is a no- brainer for a company making products for HT use. It gives the consumer a way to get quality amplification at a good price. You are not stuck with a two or five channel choice.
                        http://www.bryston.ca/6bsst_m.html Here's another.
                        Greg

Comment

• Kevin D
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by cfrizz
                          It's a shame that while Rotel makes such outstanding products that they don't seem to care to either keep up with the market, or with what is most wanted by the customers based on what is going on in the world of HT.

It is no longer just a stereo based world & it takes lots of power to run speakers in a multichannel setup. 100wpc whether digital or analog based really doesn't cut it anymore.
                          It's hard to realize some times, but Rotel is an extremely small company. They don't have the money or man-power to stay 1-1 with larger companies.

Rotel doesn't make the ICE power modules, B&O does. Until B&O makes a 200w module that Rotel will accept (price and performance) we won't see a 200w digital amp. The 1077 actually uses the current 200w ICE modules, which don't perform well enough at 200 watts for Rotel to market it as such.

The new 100w digital amps use B&O's new 100w module. That's why the price per channel is cheaper.

As far as power needed, I replaced a 200w 1095 with my 100w 1077 and haven't missed the 'missing' power. In my system, the 1077 sounds better and gets louder then the 1095 did. So a true 200w digital amp would probably be equal to a 350w analog amp, which is definitely not needed in most systems out there.

Kevin D.

Comment

• shadow 8
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GregLett
                            yup them too. a Three Channel amp is a no- brainer for a company making products for HT use. It gives the consumer a way to get quality amplification at a good price. You are not stuck with a two or five channel choice.
                            http://www.bryston.ca/6bsst_m.html Here's another.
                            Good point guys, I was wrong. :roll: Sure are expensive options to get those three channels though!

Comment

• cug
                              • Jan 2008

Good point guys, I was wrong. :roll: Sure are expensive options to get those three channels though!
                              You get what you pay for. :B

Comment

• randyman
                                • Jan 2004

How efficient are your speakers though? I'm using 4 ohm speakers and am somewhat leary of dropping to 100w with the 1077 or 1085...

Originally posted by Kevin D
                                It's hard to realize some times, but Rotel is an extremely small company. They don't have the money or man-power to stay 1-1 with larger companies.

Rotel doesn't make the ICE power modules, B&O does. Until B&O makes a 200w module that Rotel will accept (price and performance) we won't see a 200w digital amp. The 1077 actually uses the current 200w ICE modules, which don't perform well enough at 200 watts for Rotel to market it as such.

The new 100w digital amps use B&O's new 100w module. That's why the price per channel is cheaper.

As far as power needed, I replaced a 200w 1095 with my 100w 1077 and haven't missed the 'missing' power. In my system, the 1077 sounds better and gets louder then the 1095 did. So a true 200w digital amp would probably be equal to a 350w analog amp, which is definitely not needed in most systems out there.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2002

B&W CDM9's. 8ohm nominal with drops to 6 in the bass region.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"