X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stage1
    • Oct 2007

Speaker connections to RB 1090

Newbie question. If I hook 2 pairs of speakers to the 1090 rated at 8 ohms does this switch the amp into 4 ohm mode meaning that the rated power output at 4 ohms would be distributed to all speakers evenly. Hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say. Also will this put to much of a load on the amp? Thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Well it won't 'change' into 4ohm mode, but the amp will see a 4ohm load. Yes the power will be divided between them. If the speakers have different efficiency, one set may be louder then the other though.

I do have to ask, why are you hooking up more then one set? You will certainly kill the sound quality by having more then one stereo image. I could see running two sets of surrounds in a longer theater, but then the 1090 is a little overkill for that.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"