X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allan
    • Jan 2005

RMB1095 Pops at Power Up/Off

I've a RMB1095 amp that pops through the speakers (all) during both power up/off. I've tried cleaning all earth pins on the cables and are at a loss.

I've visited the Rotel internet site looking for an email address to email Rotel to see if they cant shed some light, but they dont seem to have a email support facility happening. I did email all address's they had listed, but after 2 weeks I still havent had a reply - not real happy!

Can anyone please suggest a fix, or an email address to Rotel support.

Thanks
    Al.
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Have you considered contacting your dealer?

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Try this email. Guy's name is Mike.

msheehan@equityaudio.com

ht_addict

Comment

• basementjack
        • Dec 2004

I had emailed them a question a few weeks ago and it took a few days to get a reply.

I did call them on the phone and was pleased that they had a secretary/operator (vs a voicemail system) The first time she put me though to support I waited and got voicemail, I called the next day and got right in.

Reminder that this week (jan 6) They are likely all in Las Vegas doing the Consumer Electronics show.

Comment

• Allan
          • Jan 2005

Thanks all, I've emailed "msheehan" and are currently waiting a reply. I will post all correspondence regarding this poping problem onto this forum for others to reference.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Let me know, mine does a slight pop, nothing major, just sounds like normal powering on of something...but if it's something easy to make it super silent, GREAT!
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• aphexist
              • Jan 2004

That is pretty standard behavior for any power amp.

Comment

• Glen B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by aphexist
                That is pretty standard behavior for any power amp.
                Of the two receivers, two integrated amps and seven power amps I have owned over the past 24 years, only one (a Pioneer SA-8500 MKII int. amp with a bad part in its relay control circuit) had any audible pops at power-up/power-down.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
                  • May 2004

They only have a couple guys over there handling the support for all of North America so give them a little time to get to your request. As long as your email has made it through their server then they are usually pretty good about getting back to you.

G.
                  :grab:

Comment

• Stevebez
                    • Oct 2003

My 1075 and 1080 do this all the time - not pretty but have learned to live with it. Should I have ?

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• Allan
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Glen B
                      Of the two receivers, two integrated amps and seven power amps I have owned over the past 24 years, only one (a Pioneer SA-8500 MKII int. amp with a bad part in its relay control circuit) had any audible pops at power-up/power-down.

I agree fully. I also own a Krell FPB amp which is dead silent at power on/off. All previous intergrated or seperate amps have never done this, so I'm inclined there's something which isn't right. I'm still waiting on a Reply from Rotel... I have had a suggestion to power on/off with the preamp and all front end equipment disconnected which I'm yet to do - as I'm OS at the moment, but stay tuned for a detailed report of tests performed and results.

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

I don't think it was ever clearly stated, but is it popping when you use the power switch on the front or when you turn the preamp on or off?

If it's the first one (power switch), that's not normal.

If it's the second one (preamp power), that's normal. A RLC900 or any other power center that has amplifier delay circuits will take care of the pop.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"