X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KRC
    • Aug 2004

7 channel amp

Rotel has two different 7.1 Prepro's, has anyone heard if the company is going to get a dedicated seven channel amp?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The RMB-1077 is a 100 watt x 7 channel amp. It's a class D ICE Power amp and it's very good sounding.

Eric

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

Originally posted by hifiguymi
      The RMB-1077 is a 100 watt x 7 channel amp. It's a class D ICE Power amp and it's very good sounding.

Eric
      Ditto - and dont let the number of watts fool, 100 may not seem like a lot but this amp is plenty powerful.

Comment

• KRC
        • Aug 2004

Thanks guys, I guess I should have been more clear, yes Rotel does have 7 channel amp but I was thinking of an extension to the 1075/1095 where you would get the same power output but for 7 vice 5 channels, or have they gone the route of Class D so the 1095 does not get any bigger.

Kevin
        Last edited by KRC; 18 May 2007, 19:36 Friday.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

No, Rotel does not make a class A/B 7 channel amp. I believe they are working on a multi channel ICE Power amp with the new 200 watt modules. I don't know if it's going to be a 5 or more channel. I would hope it will be a 7 channel. Only time will tell.

Eric

Comment

• Pez
            • May 2004

Originally posted by KRC
            Thanks guys, I guess I should have been more clear, yes Rotel does have 7 channel amp but I was thinking of an extension to the 1075/1095 where you would get the same power output but for 7 vice 5 channels, or have they gone the route of Class D so the 1095 does not get any bigger.

Kevin
            Any reason you are not interested in the 1077, it can handle anything a 1075/1095 can with ease. I was skeptical of the digital amps till I tried one out just for fun and ended leaving the store with one. It replaced an Earthquake cinenova which was 300 wpc. Plus the small size made it very easy to place in my rack.

When I bought it the sales guy was less than thrilled with digital amps only becasue according to him he was "old school" and liked solid state amps. After the audition and hearing what it could do i realized the guy was just closed minded and I now work with a different sales guy. Seems the addage let you ears decide is lost on him. Maybe he likes Bose as well...

Comment

• KRC
              • Aug 2004

Hey Pez, you are right, I may be a tad closed minded as well. I went back and checked the Rotel web site and low and behold there is a bunch of amps staring at me. I will have to go to my dealer and see which other models they carry and compare. Something four inches tall can't possibly sound as good as an amp that is nine inches tall (sic), that thought would put Krell, Levinson et al out of business.

Kevin

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by KRC
                Hey Pez, you are right, I may be a tad closed minded as well. I went back and checked the Rotel web site and low and behold there is a bunch of amps staring at me. I will have to go to my dealer and see which other models they carry and compare. Something four inches tall can't possibly sound as good as an amp that is nine inches tall (sic), that thought would put Krell, Levinson et al out of business.

Kevin
                fact is it can and it does.

Comment

• Pez
                  • May 2004

I dont know if I would put Earthquake up there with Mark Levinson and Krell, and I am sure they would put my 1077 to shame. Specs are only part of the equation. I use to think more watts equals better but that is so far from the truth. Its the quality of the watts that matter. Otherwise, I would I run down to Best Buy, buy the highest wpc Sony reciever and call it a day.

Also, KRC I am not saying your closed minded in any way, I was just commenting on an absurd comment a sales guy made. I expect them to be knowledgeable about the products they sell instead of relying on old school mentallity.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"