How it's working two different amp brand in the same setup when listen multichannel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dixon
    • Jul 2004

How it's working two different amp brand in the same setup when listen multichannel?

Hi,
    I I own a Rotel RMB 1075 and I thing to buy a Plinius amp for 2 channel(2+100 watts)I'm not sure how will be the sound in this combination,2 different brand?Has anyone tried 2 differnt brand in the same setup for a HT,DD or DTS or DVD audio?
    I listen 80 % 2 channel,but also like HT.My speakers are Sonus Faber GP.I have 2 option,depend on recommandation,buy a Rotel RB 1080 for front and use RMB-1075 for back,or the Plinius amp to drive mine fronts.
    Any suggestion will be welcome,thanks,
    dixon
    PS My processor is Rotel RMS 1068
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Steve (Bam!) runs a couple different amps, along with some other folks, they should be able to give you the pros and cons

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
      • May 2004

Multi-Amps

Hi Dixon,
      I use 3 different amps in my setup:
      Mains: Krell Kav250a = 250w x 2
      Center: Outlaw M200= 200w x 1
      Surround: Adcom GFA535= 60w x 2

I mainly listen to 2 channel and 5.1 for movies. I am not into multi-channel music.

I find no problems when listening to movies with different power outputs. I think that surrounds do not need as much power and I also think that it is not critical to have very high quality amps to make movie playback sound good.

I use an Outlaw 950 for my movies and a Krell Kav250p for a 2 channel preamp.

You should be fine with using different amps and brands.
      Best Regards,
      Jeremy

Comment

• aarsoe
        • May 2004

I also use different amps in my setup (Quad & Rotel) but I dont think that is the question you should be asking. More important is if the Rotel and the Plinius share the same sound, or at least are they similar enough (soundwise) for you to be able to use them..
        Unfortunatly I dont really recall the sound of Plinius (have only heard them once) so I cant give you any help there..

Bottom line, IMHO, if the amps are to different (warm vs bright vs detailed vs laidback etc) it will ruin your HT...

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Anders, I don't know about "ruin", but if dixon winds up having amps with very different sonic signatures, that will certainly make pans between the speakers so noticable that it takes him and his friends "out of the story" of the movie or music. Okay, maybe ruin isn't such a bad word. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aarsoe
            • May 2004

David

:T :T :T :T

Comment

• Bam!
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2004

...well I have answered him in PM....but I'll throw in my 2 cents....

The coloration of the Plinius in the mids is quite something....that being said...the Rotel has very present mids IMO....

The coloration with my integrated plinius comes mostly from the pre amp on it....when switched to direct bypass and then using the rotel pre pro as a pre amp....they infuse together beautifully IMO.....I see no quarells with it...

Now you might say but Steve your center channel is not even the same as your mains....plus a different amp....come on! Wake up....listen.....

I am working on doing a pro ac center channel so : on that...I was just talking about the amp sounds....so : : on that too!

:lol:
              Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"