X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ted
    • May 2006

New RSX-1057

I just purchased a RSX-1057 and have had a little time to play with it but not much. I beat the family home tonight and had a few minutes, so I popped in a Genesis Live DVD, turned it up a bit and hit play. Holy cow, what an improvement over my Yamaha!! I really expected there to be an improvement, but until you really try it, who knows.

There was so much more dynamic control. I've really been considering (and maybe still am) replacing my Klipsch system with B & W, but I was quite impressed and may not end up switching after hearing them with the "better" receiver.

Anyway, I have a 2 channel Rotel system and am now very happy with my receiver too. I've been quite impressed by what Rotel has delivered for me so far. It just makes me want more... :T
    Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

Great news Ted, hope you enjoy playing with your new receiver. :T

What model Yamaha were you using and what was the output of it, how many (claimed) watts per channel.

Comment

• Ted
      • May 2006

The Yamaha was (is) a RX-V2200, which I bought probably 3-4 years ago. Their claimed output is 100 W x 5.

I plan on watching something this afternoon, I can't wait!
      Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• bleeding ears
        • Nov 2004

Ted, interestingly Yamaha's claimed wattage outputs like most brands,are not all channels running like the Rotels are.

Audioholics website test results confirm this with current Yamaha 2700 receivers, they also seem to believe it is not important either ???

Perhaps this is just one of the reasons that to many the Rotels sound better.

Although audioholics praise the power put out by the current Yamaha 2700 receiver, I personally prefer the more, shall we say "accurate" ratings put out by Rotel equipment.

Although many may argue it doesn't matter, I like to know without doubts what I am getting for my money and know it performs well.

But I guess you have discovered that.

Enjoy ! :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"