X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klinnsmann
    • Apr 2007

Linn unidisk sc and rb-1092

I am considering selling my Linn set-up and getting myself a rb-1092 or two rb-1091 to run a pair of B&W 802d. Could I use my Linn unidisc sc to control the rotel gear - would this cumbo work together well??
    Any thoughts...?

Also I am wondering - is the rb-1092 good enough for thr 802d's??
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I am not familiar with your pre but I can attest to the RB-1092 being a worthy contender to bring your 802Ds to life. The pre I use with my RB-1092 is the RC-1090; prior to that the RC-1070. For approx $400 more you could get 2 RB-1091. My mains are B&W N804 and I am very happy with my current setup. Yes, there are better electronis out there but for substantially more dollars - the point of diminishing returns.

Comment

• jayhawk75
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by klinnsmann
      I am considering selling my Linn set-up and getting myself a rb-1092 or two rb-1091 to run a pair of B&W 802d. Could I use my Linn unidisc sc to control the rotel gear - would this cumbo work together well??
      Any thoughts...?

Also I am wondering - is the rb-1092 good enough for thr 802d's??
      1) dont know.. 2 1091 would give only more flexiiblity for further upgrades and fall under the premise that each speaker is better with its own amplifier and my experience would only give that if you have a problem with the amplifier you would only be replacing one channel vs multiple channels.
      2) yes

Comment

• calmac
        • May 2005

Hi K , You don't mention what the rest of your Linn system is so it's difficult to know if you will get a real upgrade.
        I sold both Linn and Rotel back in the 90's and didn't really find that they mixed and matched too well.Linn have a strong focus on the 'musicality" of their products and imo both B&W and Rotel focus more strongly on other aspects of reproduction , all are great products but I would be hesitiant in recommending combining them.
        It has obviously been a while since I have had hands on experience of all these products but unless you have been really unhappy with the sound of your Linn system I would recommend pursuing upgrades within the Linn range.
        At the end of the day 'beauty is in the ear of the beholder' and so a personal demonstration with the Linn components that you intend to retain ,the Rotel and the B&W's is really the most sensible way ahead ,even if you have to take the Linn components down to the retailer for the demo.If you can get a demonstration at home ,you really should insist with equipment of this cost , that would be the best way to go.
        Happy Listening,
        Gordon

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"