X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy12
    • Feb 2005

I lost my rear left channel on 1068

I'm quite disappointed with rotel, when i got the 1068 home, started it , i smelled burning, no sound came out, bring it back to dealer, the replace me with a new unit, bring it back home, everything works great, thesound was great. after a year i redecorated the HT room, for a month , put everthing back, no sound from the left back, bring it back to the dealer, without checking they said it must be the IC chip, they even show me the chip, but that was for 1066, i have to wait for a month to get the 1068 IC chip, no i learn my lesson, someone used to tell me that rotel got a lot of problem since the move the factory to china, i'm not saying that rotel is bad product, i think they need to work hard with the QC
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

They didn't even check it?? Really? There's several things it could be.. Rotel has had some QC issues, but the factory in China is not to blame. The products are not being 'subbed' out to the lowest bidder, Rotel owns the factory and could have had the same QC issues where ever the factory is.

That said, in the past year Rotel has made huge leaps in the QC department and the process when a product does fail.

I hope it is the chip they think it is. I would hate for you to wait a month and still have a broken 1068 (or worse finding out something other then the 1068 was broken).

Kevin D.

Comment

• obiwan
      • Jul 2005

When I had a channel die on my Rotel RSP985, I took it in for servicing and the repair docket said they repaired a dry solder.

Comment

• PhotoRobot
        • Feb 2005

Same problem on this end. My RSP1068 Rear Left failed when I hooked up my new N805 rears that I waited 3 years to buy. It's gone in for repair, so I am hoping it comes back quick. My dealer has been quite good about it, but am dissapointed in Rotel. Hopefully their QC becomes top priority.

Comment

• Andy12
          • Feb 2005

Kevin, what other things that could cause it?
          thanks

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"