X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armond
    • Dec 2005

dumb question of the day

I would like to use a different pair of speakers for music aside from another pair of front speakers for movies (5.1). I have the RSX-1055 and it does not have A/B speaker selection option. Is this achievable? Will I have to use the remote option with an external power amp? Suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

The only problem with using both the built in amp and an outboard amp, is that you cant turn off the built in amp. You can leave the outboard amp off easy enough, but its defeating the built in amp when you are listening to music through the other amp.

You could always use some kind of an A-B switch, but that might not be the best option if you are looking for sonic performance.

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

Color me curious...

Why would you want to switch out the (presumably superior) music speakers for movies?

If it's for timbral balance across the front, wouldn't it be easier to just buy a center speaker that matches the better music speakers?
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Armond, a good pair of speakers will do well in both 2 channel and HT, or are you wanting to add a second system in another room?

Off Topic here: I see you are from Marin County, CA. In my opinon one of the most beautiful places on earth. :T
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Armond
          • Dec 2005

i'm running the Atlantic technology 5.1 system and it's great for movies but sucks on music. I suppose I can delete the fronts and replace it with the other pair of speakers I have for 2 channel listening. Thanks for the Marin compliment. I love it here too.

Comment

• gd
            • Jan 2003

It is nice across the bridge... good to sneak outa the city once in a while to have dinner at the Buckeye Roadhouse... or take a meandering drive to Stinson Beach.

But I digress...

What make-n-model are your music speakers?
            greg (gd to you)
            Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
            production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"