X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karnaaj
    • Jan 2007

? about rc-1070

Is there any way to setup the 1070 with home theater bypass? Also, if I choose to go with a dedicated pre-amp for two channel music will I see any sonic improvement over listening to music thru, say, a 1068 or 1098? thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

There's no built-in HT bypass on the RC-1070, hopefully we'll see it on the new 1082. A 1070 over a 1068/1098 might be close enough to not warrant it. But there's definitely an improvement to be had with the right pieces.

Kevin D.

Comment

• karnaaj
      • Jan 2007

Thanks for the reply, Kevin. When does the 1082 come out? And what are some of your recommendations for a good pre-amp for two channel music? It will be paired with a 1095 btw.

As an added note, I do think that if anything my B&W 704's with the 1095 are a little too bright. So I was thinking of going with a tube pre. to kinda warm things up a bit. Something $2500 or less, new/used. Need a new source as well since I am currently using a sony dvd player.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

1082 is due in April/May.. As far as 2ch recommendations, not my forte! Many prefer the old Rc-1090, and the RC-1082 is suppose to equal or surpass it.

I can change the title of the thread, or you can start a new one to get some more response.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"