X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick.h
    • Jan 2006

RMB-1095 - Bi Amp???

Hi,

Im in the process of purchasing a RMB-1095 for my B&W 803D and HTM2D. Was wondering if I could bi-amp the fronts with the spare 2 channels.

As the amp doesn't support this, I was thinking of using a RCA from my processor and splits into 2 plugs, providing the ability to power 2 channels and then do the same for the other.

What you think?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's done all the time! The RCA Y might be a weak link though. I've seen some hard y's before. Basically an RCA plug with two female ports. You would go from preamp and one female port, then out of the other port to another input on the amp. That would insure a cheaper Y cable doesn't influence the sound.

Of course keep in mind you're still only sending 200 possible watts to the speakers. Just that the woofers can have a full 200 watts and the mid/tweet can have another full 200 watts. People have had mixed results in the bi-amp department, it's not going to be the same as getting a 400 watt amp.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"