X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warpdrv1
    • Dec 2006

Pre/Pro question

I bought a Pioneer Elite as a temporary Pre/Pro until Rotel decides to upgrade their Lineup and make units with more HDMI features... Im looking forward to this.

My question, Pioneer has EQ-ing on each and every channel and wondering if Rotel's have this same kind of setup... I have never delved into the inner workings of any of the Pre/Pro's from anyone, with the HDMI issues not all sorted out yet... so I went the cheap route for now, or should I say in-expensive.

Not that its better one way or the other, just wondering if this is the case with Rotel. Will be looking for a match to my Rotel 1095...

Thanks so much for all your help...

Warp...
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Nope. No form of auto-eq or a normal EQ. Maybe something in the new 1058 with the new TI chip.

That said, I would never recommend running any form of built-in EQ. The auto EQ's don't perform well, and the regular EQ's will never have enough settings to be useful.

Kevin D.

Comment

• deke
      • Dec 2005

Which Pioneer did you purchase?

Comment

• deke
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
        Nope. No form of auto-eq or a normal EQ. Maybe something in the new 1058 with the new TI chip.

That said, I would never recommend running any form of built-in EQ. The auto EQ's don't perform well, and the regular EQ's will never have enough settings to be useful.

Kevin D.
        I was going to create a thread on this. Many "reputable" magazines are touting the advantages of automatic room calibration etc. such as that found on Marantz, Pioneer Elite and countless others. Obviously they aren't perfect solutions, but are they terrible? What has everyone's experience been?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Auto room calibrations I can see, but not the EQ. Most of the auto-function receiver's I put in have an option to do everything but the EQ.

Most will try and make the sound flat (killing the sound you bought your speakers for) or tries and makes your other speakers match the mains (which is close to impossible unless they are the same speaker).

The only real need I see for an EQ in the home is for the subs. The the room can drastically effect the frequency response.

Kevin D.

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Auto room calibration

All the factory in this moment have a autocalibration metod with a microphon.

nice auto set-up.

only a little question: with a gear/set from $ 40 or not much more) how much
            is this exact, accurate ??

If I buy a separat gear i go paying $ 400 and i think is not a factory-name
            is the quality too!

Omar

Comment

• Warpdrv1
              • Dec 2006

I bought the Pioneer Elite 81, Its a pretty good unit, and Im happy for now in my waiting period...

The Auto setup on the Pioneer is OK.. it did a pretty good job, I had to make some adjustments.. turn off eq, and adjust the speakers-large settings to small, and crossovers lower (50hz) for my large speakers, and my large sub.

Any news that I have missed on the replacement for the RSP-1098...

thanks

Comment

• Warpdrv1
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by deke
                I was going to create a thread on this. Many "reputable" magazines are touting the advantages of automatic room calibration etc. such as that found on Marantz, Pioneer Elite and countless others. Obviously they aren't perfect solutions, but are they terrible? What has everyone's experience been?
                Im pretty happy with my setup, using a low level receiver that has a few more features then todays really high priced Pre/Pros has been a good temporary fix for me... Im not complaining.... but like I said, I went into this spending a good chunk of money on my system. But my desires were steering me into the realm of getting an Anthem D2 for processing, and I couldn't afford to go that route. I think in the next year or 2 the prices will come down, and more features with better video processors and HDMI switching will start to level out a bit.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"