X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

from 1056 to 1057 ?

Has anyone gone from rotel 1056 to the new 1057?Has anyone pondered the thought? If you did was it worth it?Reason i ask is i'm thinking about it and cant decide if it's worth it just for the simplicity of HDMI.Getting the HD-A1 next week and hate the thought of switchers.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The 1057 only adds HDMI switching. There's no OSD over hdmi, or can any audio be playing from HDMI. I would probable easier and cheaper just to get an external switcher.

Kevin D.

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

I would not do it just for HDMI. HDMI still has issues to be worked out and can be problematic. The picture is not always better, depending on your equipment.

Another thing to consider: some of the newer TV's make an even stronger case for not using your receiver as a switcher. Some of these TV's with multiple HDMI inputs allow custom picture settings for each HDMI input. Since DVD and HD for example have different color space information, you would lose the ability to have an optimised picture for each input, at least without going through additional menus.

To me if I am already looking to upgrade a pre/pro or receiver, HDMI is something to consider but by no means a deal maker or breaker. Besides, I like the idea of less noise going through my audio components, not more. For now, I'd let the receiver do the audio switching and let the TV or a switcher to the video switching. I'm just not love struck by HDMI yet.

Comment

• Alex999
        • Jun 2006

Not worth it IMHO.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"