HDMI switcher that plays nice with my Rotel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildpanda86
    • Jul 2009

HDMI switcher that plays nice with my Rotel?

I'm in need of an HDMI switcher that works well with my RSX 1550.

I've got all my HDMI ports used up and need to share my xbox 360 and ps3 on the same port.

I tried a mono price switcher in the past and with the xbox I couldn't get the full resolution outputed and the ps3 would only give me 1080p with regular audio or 1080i with hd audio.

Any suggestions?
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Look for a Zektor. Pricey but mine has worked flawlessly in every situation.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• edguetzow
      • Feb 2003

+1 on the Zektor. It works so well I forget it is in my system!
      Go ahead and follow that Yellow Brick Road...
      'cause no matter where you go there you are.

Comment

• wildpanda86
        • Jul 2009

Thanks, I'll
        Have to look into zektor switches... Is it online only? Can I pick it up at Bestbuy or fry's?

I hope it'll work fine, I have all my HDMI running into the receiver and plan o have a 2 devices running into one hdmi on the receiver.

Then one hdmi running up to the TV... Can it be possible that there are too many HDMI handshake issues with this setup?

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wildpanda86
          Thanks, I'll
          Have to look into zektor switches... Is it online only? Can I pick it up at Bestbuy or fry's?
          I know only of on-line vendors.

I hope it'll work fine, I have all my HDMI running into the receiver and plan o have a 2 devices running into one hdmi on the receiver.
          ??? All into the receiver? So, what is the other device?

Then one hdmi running up to the TV... Can it be possible that there are too many HDMI handshake issues with this setup?
          ?? I cannot understand what your setup is.
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• wildpanda86
            • Jul 2009

The RSX-1550 only has 4 HDMI ports and I have 5 devices
            Pioneer BluRay, PS3, XBox360, and AppleTV are taking up my ports with my ATT U-verse connected to the RSX-1550 via component cables.

However I want the ATT U-verse connected via HDMI because even with the ATT U-verse set top box set to 1080i output via component... I still get a scanning issues where the very top of my TV screen (a Pioneer 60 inch display (last gen)) has faded color on dark scenes only with the ATT box. My Wii doesnt do that via component to the RSx-1550

But with the ATT U-verse plugged in via HDMI... the resolution is improved/ less macro blocking/ and no weird scanning issue.

To do that I need to have the PS3 and Xbox360 both share an HDMI port on the RSX-1550 with an HDMI switcher.

The RSX-1550 routes all the picture to the Pioneer which I just use as a display as it has no built in speakers via a single HDMI cable.

I wonder if the switcher I originally had gave me issues because it was as if I was piggy backing the switcher on top of the receivers switcher which caused me HDMI handshake issues...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"