X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

dynamic range control with 1068

I noticed on the rotel site for the description of the 1068 it says it has dynamic range control... "Advanced microprocessors from Crystal Semiconductor handle Dolby Digital (complete with dynamic range adjustments)"

Am i blind? Why cant i find the settings in the OSD that let me set the dynamic range or Dolby D?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's the DYN button on the remote. Min, max, none are the settings I believe.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

Ok i use a universal so ill have to get my original. Its not anywhere in the OSD?

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

Apparently it is a temporary setting only, via the remote. I searched the entire manual and found no reference to a 'permanent' (OSD) setting. This may be a good thing, however, since you would most likely not want to invoke dynamic range compression on a permanent basis anyway. At least I would not...I'd probably forget to turn it back off again.

I use a universal remote, too, but mainly for the family's use. I always keep the Rotel remote handy for more advanced features. For example, adjusting the center speaker level 'on-the-fly' while watching a program. To me, it would require too many new functions on the universal that aren't used that often.
        Brad

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

If it's any help to you, I've found that whatever setting I select stays selected when I turn my pre/pro on/off. Granted, it's in standby mode too (little blue light by the power button is always on). I've not tried unplugging it.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"